• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PDF Road Map

Started by Mhayes, March 09, 2008, 06:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Because of all the many ins and outs of restoring photos, we felt the need for a basic roadmap. Here is a link to the PDF that hopefully will help answer some of the questions "newbies" have in navigating through PhotoShelter, the Forum and basic retouching. Click on the "Official OPR Handbook" on the left to access the PDF.

Comments welcome!  :knuppel:

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Thanks Margie.  I know you put a lot of effort and hard work into this project.  It's greatly appreciated!!

Christine

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Well done Margie. It covers everything and is easy to follow. New members will find it all much easier now.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Great job, Margie!  Valuable information in an accessible reference form.  It should be a tremendous help to our newbies (and those of us OLDER oldies who have CRS syndrome!)  Thanks for all your hard work!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

I would just like to say that Margie did a fantastic job on something that we were looking for since Day 1.  Thank you doesn't quite seem to convey the gratitude required for such a critical piece of instruction for the OPR organization's smooth operation.

I added an official OPR link to the document underneath the photoshelter link so Margie you can delete the link from your post as soon as you want to.

Ausimax

Great work Margie, it will be a valuable resource for new members and us older, forgetful ones - thanks for taking the time and effort to do this for us. :wnw:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

Thanks everyone!

John, sorry I got so impatient about getting this out when you had so many other problems to straighten out. I will remove the link and thanks again for all your help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

This is wonderful Margie, thanks so much for your hard work. I've already learned something new.

Mary

Atlantis

That's a very professional looking Handbook. I downloaded it to my OPRfolder so I don't have to search the forums on "how to" when my next restauration is ready for uploading. And to reread all the other worthy tips & tricks.
Thank you for all your work  :wnw:
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Johnboy

Margie,

You did a great job. I scanned trough it and it looks concise and informative. I have one question. I noticed on the second page for the topic Gallery Selection that the owners information is included in the enlarged gallery example. I wonder if that should be blocked out for this application since it has been said not to include it in any posts outside of OPR? It may not be an issue but thought I would ask since I assume that anyone can download the PDF. 

Johnboy

Mhayes

John,

Good catch and it should have been blocked off. However, this PDF cannot be downloaded by anyone outside of OPR. If you were not logged into the Forum; the handbook would not appear on your screen and you could not access it. If this is an issue that needs correcting, I could resubmit?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Johnboy

Margie,

Come to think about it I was logged in because I couldn't see the button for the handbook, and was going to post about that. Then I decided to clear my browser cache, and that did it as all the buttons came back on the left side. So if this is only available within the OPR family it may not be much of an issue unless upper management thinks otherwise.

Johnboy

Johnboy

When I just logged out I noticed that all the buttons disappeared. Then logging back in brings back all the buttons. Veeery interesting as one old comedian would say.

Johnboy

jneil2

Great job, Margie.  It looks great and works like a charm.

Jan

Hannie

A lot happens in a couple of weeks, not only do we have the beautiful Before and After Gallery but I just discovered the Official OPR Handbook!  What an amazing job you did collecting all this info and bundling it into the PDF file.  It is extensive but not too large to be discouraging.   
Well done Margie!

:wnw:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]