• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My dude needs help hehe

Started by Miz Cozma, March 06, 2008, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miz Cozma

Hi all!

I had to pick this picture when i saw it hehe

I did the fun little color correction trick  and fix up some areas, removed white spotties...

not sure if it is not a great image.. or if I really need to work on the skin..

up close it is not smooth..but not sure how to fix that

hopefully this shows enough

feedback please :)

oops forgot to add him hehe

schen

Looking good dude.

I think his hair (braid) might me over his right shoulder.  There are a few light spots, one on his mid index finger, one on his forearm and several on his right side of the blue shirt.  Not quite sure they were original or damages.

For these older grainy pictures, I personally prefer leaving them grainy instead of smoothing them out and losing too much texture.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

GP

I too think it looks great. You could maybe tune the saturation down a bit to get more detail back on his cap and the lenses on his shades. I would also tone down the reds in his face a bit with a hue/saturation adjustment, selecting the reds. That should do it.
Great job!

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

klassylady25

This guys a kick!!  He's got a great deal of confidence, don't you think?  lol  Let me add one thing more: to soften it up just a little if you can.

mschonher

Gerlinde has given you great advice, it needs to be de saturated and the face made less red.......Mary

laportelj

Hey a red face might go just right with that hat from what I have seen.

Jane

kiska

Quotea red face might go just right with that hat

:cool:    You might be right!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Miz Cozma

Thanks for all the feedback guys!!

I just keep giggling while working on this one hehe

I desaturated..spot lifted..lost some the red...and did what I could with the hat.. zooming in lots there is damage to the logo on the hat.. fixed what I could

I did wonder if he was just a bit red in the face naturally but this looks like it could be it too

so what do we think.. if he is a bit light.. think thats the same as all mine .. with a little issue with contrast on my computer..and usually get touched up when I send it in hehe

:)

thanks again all

klassylady25

I think he's great.   :up2: Good job.

Miz Cozma

Looking at him more I thought I should put back a bit of red in his face..  It seemed lacking abit in coloring..

and I lightened the shirt more..

I think our fun dude is done :)

cmpentecost

Hi Miz Cozma,

I think your dude's looking pretty good1  I agree on the coloring.  We don't want a fisherman/shrimper too washed out!  This is a rather curious photo, huh?!

Christine

mschonher

Miz Cozma

Thanks guys  I will upload him and home he goes... someone radio the mother ship :)   :funny:

thanks for the help :)

Ratz

Great work cozma, the mother ship will be glad to have him back :up:

glennab

Super job, Miz.   I suspect he's already been beamed up!  What a great photo.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)