• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Windows Vista & PS not working as before

Started by mschonher, February 26, 2008, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Does anyone have a clue as to why CS does not work the same since I've upgraded to Window's Vista? I'm using CS and among other things I can't access the feather option when I'm using the lasso tool.
Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

Earlier versions of Creative Suite components- Vista-Does not support
Adobe does not recommend installing and running InDesign CS, Photoshop CS, Illustrator CS, GoLIve CS, or earlier versions of any of these products on Windows Vista.

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf

That said, I have read people who have installed it but find some functions don't work
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Thanks Tassie for the information.  I recently bought a new PC and was chicken enough to ordered Windows XP.  It appeared that I made the choice to avoid the compatibility problems for a little longer.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

John

Quote from: mschonher on February 26, 2008, 04:18:22 PM
Does anyone have a clue as to why CS does not work the same since I've upgraded to Window's Vista? I'm using CS and among other things I can't access the feather option when I'm using the lasso tool.
Mary

Are you using the Aero theme?  If so, try changing to the Windows Classic theme and then trying.    There is an issue with some programs working with the Aero theme.  I can confirm that both CS3 and Fireworks work with Vista (I'm running 64bit version), but they only work without issue in the Classic theme.  It has something to do with the memory available to the OS when Aero is in effect.  And it seems to be more of a problem with the Adobe product lineup than with Vista from the limited research I have done.  Also, they just released a new service pack for Vista that should fix any lingering issues from the initial release.  I can say that I have no complaints since switching to Vista.

cmpentecost

Isn't't the amount of RAM you have while using Vista and CS3 important?  It seems I've heard this, but I'm still on XP, so don't know for sure.

Chris

mschonher

Hi John,
Can you tell me how to go about changing to the windows classic theme? 
Thanks,
Mary

mschonher

Hi Chris, I've got plenty of RAM so I know that's not the problem............Mary.........ps........don't be in a hurry to go to Vista

John

Quote from: mschonher on February 27, 2008, 12:30:49 PM
Hi John,
Can you tell me how to go about changing to the windows classic theme? 
Thanks,
Mary

I just right click on my desktop and choose personalize.  I think theme or appearance should be one of your choices.

Choose 'Windows Classic' and see what happens.

mschonher

Thanks John, I didn't realize it was that simple. My pc is running much faster now........I'm amazed. I also removed PS 5.5 and my CS upgrade and that helped too. I downloaded a 30 day trial of CS 3 and everything seems to be working fine. Even the monitor looks great. Thanks John and by the way.......you are a very handsome young man. It's so nice to see your smiling dimpled face looking back at me from the forum.......I can say that because I'm old enough to be your mom.....................Mary