• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check this one out, part 2

Started by Johnboy, February 25, 2008, 04:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

Thanks to everyone who commented on this one before. I thought I would do a new post since the other one was so old. I finally have it done. I had to stop as I was starting this to pick up the old paint roller. So I had spots but not on any photos.

Let me know what y'all think.

Original:

Restoration:

Thanks for the help.

Johnboy

Ratz

Great job Johnboy :up: I reckon send them home!

glennab

Great restoration, JB

I was struck by the fact that the two ladies in the center have slightly washed-out faces.  I downloaded your image and burned the mid-tones where they looked lightest with a very large soft brush between 5 and 10%, darkening them only a bit.  I think it helped.  However, that's very subjective, and you could send these ladies home as they are and you'd still have a wonderful photo.

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Thanks Glenna for the suggestion. I'll look into it. I am thinking the ladies in the middle may be in the hottest part of the flash too. I had tried playing with the contrast but ended up leaving it where it was as I didn't see any great improvement. So I was seeing something too, but just hadn't put my finger on it. I'll play a little bit and send them home.

Johnboy

Johnboy

Here is the result from burning in the midtones at 5% on the faces of the women in the center. I also did the white blouse and the white dress. I think it added a little to the clothing as well.

Johnboy

glennab

Hi JB

I agree.  I think that little bit of burn helped not only with the faces but also with the dress and blouse.  You got a little more detail.  Fine job!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost