• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Shall I take the HighRoad or the LowRoad ?

Started by Atlantis, February 19, 2008, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

I started on this boy today. First I ran the medianfilter as I did on my previous boy from the same family (I think it's the same boy actually a few years older/younger).
Then I came across the info on the TTF-filter and I thought "why not give that a try" because the white spots seemed to form a pattern.

Now I'm thinking what road to continue ... so I cropped & copied 4 squares to compare the different methods :

Upper left : the original photo
Upper right : applied median 1p twice and cloned/healed some parts of his face on separate layer
Down left : followed the tutorial using a copy of the original >> I noticed still a lot of the pattern left
Down right : duplicated the background layer, put it on top of the filtered and set the duped bg to luminosity as well at 53 % / copied the clone/heallayer i already made on top of it all

I tend to choose to continue working on down right but I wonder if the median approach works just as well.
Your opinions mean a lot to my learning curve so I'll do some real life work now and give this boy a few hours rest.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

klassylady25

There will ALWAYS be other ways when working this restoration that will work.  What it comes down too, is what works best for you at the time and your interpretation of the output you desire. 

My two cents worth,
Candice

Ratz

I agree totally with Candy. If it were me tho, I would go with lower right, it seems to have given yo the better starting point.