• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need some extra eyes

Started by ophiuci, February 14, 2008, 10:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophiuci

Would love any feedback on this image I'm working on.

Here's the original image.

And here's where I'm at now.

glennab

Hi O.

Nice work!  The only pick I have is that I think the gentleman's suit needs a bit of shading to give it more realistic shape. Right now it looks a bit flat. The bride looks great.

Bless,

Glenna

P.S.  I always check out information on our newbies and saw your musclecarrestorations label.  Made me curious, because my husband restores old Mopars (used to drag race and is rebuilding a '67 Dodge Coronet to take to the track – not willing to admit yet that he's way to old and beat up to do that any more. He's also restoring a '65 Belvedere into a hellacious street rod). You two may have things in common.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

ophiuci

I agree on the suit. I just tried adding a bid more shading. Better? Worse?

Update:

P.S.
Glenna,
I bet me and your husband would have a lot in common. I love classic cars and we restore a lot of old Mopars at my work (too many)!
We actually completed a restoration on a '65 Plymouth Satellite last year - your husband might like these links:
http://musclecarrestorations.com/flash/65PlymouthRockfalls.html
http://musclecarrestorations.com/gallery2/v/Chrysler/Completed/Plymouth-65-000/?g2_page=18
http://www.musclecarrestorations.com/carcraftsummernationals2007.html

ophiuci

Looking at the thumbnail -- I definitely need to bleach that cake a bit.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi ophiuci. Great job on the photo. :up: I see a light area at the bottom corner of the cake that might need darkening some more.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Great job, the only other thing I would suggest it to add a bit of shading to the right side of his mouth, it looks too blown out, I know it looks that way in the original but I think that is caused by damage.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi O.

The suit is much improved!  Amazing how such subtle change can have all that impact.  He looks much more 3-dimensional.

Re: hubby and Mopars.  I'll bet he already knows of your company, but I'm going to pass the links on to him.  Back in the late 70s or early 80s one of his masterpieces (a Camaro, I believe) was featured in Car Craft magazine.  I'd forgotten all about that.  Personally, I'll take the Challenger, thank you so much! The new ones are exquisite – much of the flavor of the oldies, but since I drive a 1991 Plymouth Acclaim, obviously I don't have the funds to get either the updated Challenger or – what I REALLY want– the Crossfire.

Anyway, back to the reason we're here, I'll look forward to more of your restoration work. Good stuff!

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Small thing, the window frame was omitted making it look like gray stripes on the wall. 

ophiuci

Thanks for all the pointers! Added the window frame, and fixed the cake a bit. Was initially not going to touch the grooms face for fear of making it look worse that the damage does -- I copied half of the mouth from another photo of the couple -- unfortunately that photo almost has the exact same problem with his face. Any other suggestions?

Pelican

What you've done here is very nice and it was difficult to start with.

With the hotspot on his face, I would recommend creating a new layer with a blend mode of color burn. Paint in a dark grey, say 909090, over the hotspot. Adjust opacity to were it blends in.

I would also blur the window somewhat so that it fits better with the depth of field in the original.

Your work is looking very good!!

Just working from your upload I did this to it.