• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

looking for feed back hehe :)

Started by Miz Cozma, February 13, 2008, 12:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miz Cozma

So I took down the yellow.. fixed up the spots

do you agree that in the pic of mom and cutie the chair and bg are pretty close in color..
and more white then yellowish?

:)

schen

Miz,

Nice clean up jobs.  :up2:

I like a little more yellow on both pictures.  The baby on the bear is slightly cold.  The baby and mom seemed have lost the red.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Miz Cozma

guess I went a bit nuts removing it ehehe

schen

Well, judging from others feedbacks in other threads, I think I am biased to the slightly yellow side, my color version of sepia tone :)  I like that little warm feeling with color pictures.  Personal preference.

The mom and baby one looks pale on my monitor.  The original baby jumper appeared orange but the restored one looked brown.  Don't know how they look to you at your monitor.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Hi Miz

I downloaded the photo of mom & baby and did my standard color correction (NAPP version).  What I came up with is a bit brighter than the original but with the same color cast. The baby's onesie is definitely red.  Here's my version:

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Miz Cozma

so do you think the background is a bit yellow?

I am wondering about this monitor.. I am on an old computer while my laptop is visiting the US to get its fan replaced.

Schen's comment  "The original baby jumper appeared orange but the restored one looked brown.  Don't know how they look to you at your monitor."
I wonder how off my monitor is cause in both the old and fixed I see the onesie being red.. just a bit darker red in my fix .. guess from removing the yellow levels

I will try again. but if my color is off I might have to wait for my laptop ..as this monitor might be suffering from being 6 years old

thanks for feedback guys :)

glennab

Hi Miz

I think the color in your adjusted photo is a bit blown out.  Even though the image I pulled up may look a bit yellow in the background, I think the skin tones and the baby's jumpsuit look spot-on.

I've been promising for months now to share with all of you a method of color correction I was taught at an NAPP seminar.  The beauty of this technique is that it doesn't depend on your guessing where the white, black and gamma (grey) tones are.  It's not always perfect, especially with the color horrors we find in the damaged photos, but when it does work, it's miraculous. And it'll be right no matter what monitor you use.

I have permission from NAPP to pass on the information, I just have to get my butt in gear. I can't copy their verbiage or screen shots, so I'm going to have to wing it to get you a concise version of how to do it.  It's a little more involved than just guessing, but it's worth the effort and doesn't really take that much more time.  I do this before anything else, both at my job and when I'm working on restorations.

Bless and Happy Valentines Day!

Glenna

P.S. Not long after I started doing OPR restorations, I switched from an 8-year-old View Sonic 17-incher (a real workhorse, and I still have it and use it, even though I dropped it and cracked the case) to an Apple 20-inch lcd.  OMG!  The difference was beyond belief.  I probably see more on this beauty than I really need to.  Everything pops, and I'm sure a lot of what I see won't make a bit of difference once the restorations are printed.  But my old eyes love it!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Here's my 2 cents worth on the color. I agree with Schen that the warmer tones look more natural and also with Glenna that the whites are blown out a bit. Maybe this is one of those cases where less is more.
Glenna I can't wait to see your tutorial.
Good luck with the monitor business, I'm thinking about getting a new one myself........Mary

Miz Cozma

Thanks everyone for the great feedback  :)  and a big Thanks to Christine for that wonderful tutorial! I have something like that. that I learnt in class for cmyk I will scan my work sheets and pop them up one day

I am still having issues with this old monitor... but after having worked with pantones a bit I have learnt a bit not to rely on the colors on my screen heheh

so  i did the corrections and put cutie baby and mom though christines curves ehehe

and here is what I got...

cmpentecost

Hi Miz Cozma,

Thanks for the credit, but I must give credit where credit is due, and I think it's Glenna that did the curves tutorial.  That's ok though....we all mix each other up at one point or the other!

The photo is looking great!  My only nitpick is that I think the baby may still have a spot on his jumper above the arm pit area. 

Thanks for all of the hard work on this one!

Christine

Miz Cozma

oops hehe  ya I was spending more time trying to sort out the color then then fixes.. but got the spot near the arm and the spot on the top of his head hehe

and here is just baby...

thanks to Glenna !!!!   and too all that were my eyes for this one

must get my laptop back...and maybe a new screen for this machine LOL

Acer is appearing to be pretty slow for fixing and sending home laptops almost 2 weeks later and still no news :(  does anyone know if that is normal?

are they ready to go home?

cmpentecost

They look great, but I just noticed a huge blob in the lap of Mom's dress!  I missed that the first time around.  Otherwise, they look beautiful!

Christine

Miz Cozma

funny I fixed the blob the first time around...this time thought it was just from the lighting.. but guess I had it right the first time around heheh

so will fix blob and send them over to you! :)

thanks all again!

:hug:

cmpentecost

Hi Miz Cozma,

Your upload was successful, and they look great.  I know that different monitors can show different things.  However, I think you removed all of the damage and the photo owners should be thrilled.  Thanks!

Christine