• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Coming Clean!

Started by Mhayes, February 07, 2008, 08:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

I need a volunteer to take on the best our grunge machine can dish out. I would have tried to sugar coat this one, but decided to come clean. Normally we don't confess how bad a photo is until someone in the Forum post some of our handywork and points out that it didn't look that bad in the Gallery. This one has everything: color cast, honeycomb pattern, plaids and plenty of spots. It is the very last picture for the Smith family and the picture is the man's first grade picture, which makes it around 55+ years old. Take a look and see if you are up to some self inflicted punishment. Drop me an email if you would like it. Here it is:

Thanks in advance,  :hug:

Margie

PS Mary thanks for taking the other one!

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Margie, I'll give it a go and if I can't do it I'll send it right back. I should know tomorrow...my eyes are crossed and glazed over tonight.....Mary :D

Mhayes

Mary, Thanks so much and if you decide you would rather not after looking at it, no problem. I will download to your gallery shortly.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Margie, this one isn't bad at all, in fact I think it will be easier than the first one. He sure is adorable.........Mary

Mhayes

Yeah right, Pinocchio!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

I think Mary has not discovered the power of your snow machine over the plaid shirt yet.   :funny:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

Hey Margie....what were the settings on the spot machine on this one?  I love your work!

Chris

Tess (Tassie D)

Outstanding snow placement Margie.  :knuppel:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hi Everyone,
Well I was really worried after reading all those very funny comments today, as I came to the forum this morning before I got to take a good look at the Smith photo. But listen up guys............I've got brushes and paint and various tools and....I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM!

This one is in better condition than the first, it's just that awful shirt! I've been working on it this morning and it's not hard, just tedious. Maybe it's easier because I did a channel mixer thingy (thingy is a technical term at my house) to make it monochromatic before I started the restore or maybe it's because I've seen and done so much worse....don't get any ideas Margie! All that being said I'm in no hurry to choose a photo with another plaid shirt in it. Thank God it's a very large plaid......................You guys are really entertaining..................Mary

Charlene5

I can barely contain my mirth here.  Margie you ought to be ashamed of yourself, foisting one of those awful plaids on a new person!!   I know from sad experience (remember Wayne Newton and his family and the little girl in the ripped plaid dress?) how long it takes to paint and piece a plaid back together.   

Mary, be very wary if Margie asks you to measure the plaid.  She has no shame and will suggest "improvements" for the plaid.  Take my advice.  Ignore her :)

MJ

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

Does this look like the face of shame?  >:D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Oh My Gosh!

You were all so very right about the plaid shirt! I was so naive and Margie just took advantage of me, what an evil woman she is. I spent most of today looking on line for some kind of magic plaid shirt brush and when I find one, I'm not going to tell Margie about it. I wonder if Chris is aware of this woman's wicked ways?
I'd write more but my eyes hurt so terribly from looking at that shirt :'(
Mary

schen

Is Chris aware?  Where do you think Marge got her snow machine?   :funny:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Mary,

"Is Chris aware?"  :funny: :funny: As an OPR Distributor, I spent 6 weeks in boot camp learning the use of the snow machine. I am still an understudy to Chris and hope in the future to pull off some of her amazing work. Remember, I warned you what a terrible picture this would be to restore.  :)

Understudy Hayes
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

How much more of this can we take?  OPR volunteers, unite!!  >:(
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]