• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Smith photo

Started by mschonher, February 07, 2008, 03:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Hi Margie, just wanted to give you notice that I'm getting ready to upload the Smith photo to you. I'm pretty sure it's done, he may be a little pale looking. Take a look he's on my thread about that darn FFT filter, which I wanted to use on the textured paper. I couldn't figure it out though so I did something else.

This photo was deceiving Margie, not much damage except for the color casts. I tried everything I knew (which isn't much) to get rid of the casts all unsuccessful. I had to resort to the channel mixer, making it the best blk and white photo that I could then play around with the contrast and then painting in the color. I've never seen a color cast quite as stubborn as this was :knuppel:.........Mary

Mhayes

Hi Mary, I got your Smith photo and he looks great! Thanks for taking on this one. When I saw the little guy with the paddle, I figured I was getting what I had coming for giving you this photo. What is even worse is the way I tricked you: . . .not a bad photo--may have some white dots, but the features are all there."  ;D He really didn't look that bad until you had him at 100% I thought this would finish out this families pictures, but realized that it was two pictures that needed rework instead of just the one. I will post what the other picture looks like in a few minutes. Mary, I will not ask you to do two lemons in a row. Be warned this next picture is really BAD!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Oh Margie, that is the funniest post. Actually I clicked on the wrong little guy when I sent it. I'm glad you have a good sense of humor you little trickster!  :P

Now I cannot wait to see the other photo. You know I'm going to have to give it a go don't you?  I"m not only easy to trick but masochistic too! It can't be any worse than some of the treasures Chris has asked me to fix.........Mary