• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Taking a break from the handwriting :)

Started by Atlantis, February 05, 2008, 10:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

So I needed a break from the handwriting and while waiting patiently for Mr. Klatt to answer my questions I picked this one.

It looks done to me but I know you guys with eagle eyes might have some pointers hidden in your pockets.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

cmpentecost

Very nice!  I'm sure this was a treat after working on your handwriting document!

Christine

mschonher

Really good work Atlantis, I only have one nitpick and that would be to cut back on the contrast a bit for a softer look. I recognized that beautiful lady immediately, I did one of her photos too.......Mary

Hannie

Great restoration Atlantis!  :up2:
Mary's tip will be the icing on an already delicious cake.

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Atlantis:

Beautiful work on a lovely family portrait.  That must have been fun after your battle with recreating the document.

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

Thanks for the input. It made me have another look and I agreed but also noticed the slight yellow colourcast on the lady's cardigan. So I lowered the contrast a little & used the adjustmentlayer Selective Colour to take out the yellow from the whites.

And I finished it's twinphoto as well :

I hope these will pass your QC so I can sent them home.

cmpentecost

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Atlantis

Thanks ... and they're being orbed back to the USA  ;)

Atlantis

Still waiting for answers so I took a go at this boy. Did I miss anything crucial or is it ready to go? Of course this is a lowres before & after.

By the way I love the way you can focus on the image once you click on it. Great feature!

John

These are great!  Please consider uploading them to the before/after gallery.  This is a great example of the format sought for images to be added to the B&A gallery.

John

Atlantis

There is a before and after gallery? Is that new as well because I remember looking for such a gallery when I joined.

John

Quote from: Atlantis on February 18, 2008, 02:47:10 PM
There is a before and after gallery? Is that new as well because I remember looking for such a gallery when I joined.

Just fired it up today.  Click on 'Gallery' at the top of the page and you should find it.

Let me know if you don't see it.

John

Atlantis

I think I finished the boys sister

there were lots of white spots on the arm and lower part of the dress.
I wonder if I missed anything crucial and if it looks photorealistic enough.