• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Jimbo Young's First Try!

Started by Jimmy Young, July 06, 2006, 03:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Young

What a great organization you guys are.
I put my heart and soul in to this family photo. Hope the family likes it.
Fortunately all the faces were mostly intact and there was a little carpet to clone!
I had to drop in my own hands in to the gentleman on the far right... OK, a little creative license.
Jimmy Young

Ziaphra

That's a great job...one little nitpick is I think the gentleman's shoes (the second from the right) have a few too many shiney spots...they look a little like scratches. :) Good job! ...oh and maybe give the last guy on the right another shoe peeking from the other side...?

idyllopus

vhansen

Very well done.  Only one suggestion..not sure if it's contrast or what, but the suits are very dark and there isn't much detail showing. Not a big deal IMO, as it's small price to pay for an overall great restoration.

John

Wow... no nitpicking here.  The family will be ecstatic to get this back in this condition.  Ever see the episode of Friends when Joey wants to be a hand model?   :funny:

Bravo!

:up2:

Dave

Jimmy Young

Thanks folks.
It looks like I broke a cardinal rule of restoration concerning cloning body parts!  >:D

Here are some useful guidelines that I just discovered in the Lounge. I never got this volunteer notice.  I think we should continue to expand on these! ...

Following are guidelines that we ask you to follow while restoring this image (I realize some seem obvious... we send this to all volunteers):
1.      Your main goal should be to restore the memory that this photo invokes in its owner.
2.      Do not over restore. If the image becomes unrecognizable from its original form, than you risk damaging the emotional connection that the image holds with its owner. It is better to let some damage remain in order to preserve the integrity of the image.
3.      Do not add what was never there. Adding an interesting background may make for a better photo, but it does not serve our purpose.
4.      Do not use body parts from other images to replace missing ones in the photo that you are restoring. The owners of these images will immediately recognize anything that's "wrong".  If you have multiple photos of the same subject matter, it may be permissible to use some parts of one to better restore another, but only if the effect remains natural looking and does not adversely affect the integrity of the image.
5.      Stick to your deadline. If you cannot meet the deadline, contact us immediately to work out an alternate plan.
6.       Be proud of what you're doing. You have a great heart for volunteering!"
Perhaps these guidelines could be added somewhere here and/or on the site where we'll be picking up our images?

JY