• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Testing out new Lightbox feature... please confirm it's working for you...

Started by John, January 31, 2008, 09:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Please click on both the link and the image below... the screen should darken and the image should pop up in its own frame on your computer screen...  give it a go and let me know if it is working for you.  If not, you may need to clear out your browser's memory cache and reload the page.

CLICK ON LINK:
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x79/pixvirtual/us008/pOprKy0QAUrF.jpg

CLICK ON IMAGE:

John

I added this feature because I know some of you have said that the larger images sometimes create scroll bars in the forum and it's not always the easiest to see the images.   This should eliminate that issue to a degree.

The other cool thing is that if you post your before and after images in sequence in your forum posts, when a person clicks on your first image, it will open in full screen mode, then if you hover your mouse over the upper right hand corner of the picture you'll see a 'next' button appear allowing you to go to the next image posted.   Then if you want to go back, hover your cursor over the upper left corner and you'll see a 'back' button which will essentially let you use these buttons toggle back and forth between before/afters.

Try it at this post to see what I mean: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1205.0.html

Hannie

Hi John,

Everything works just like you said it would, what a great improvement, I love it!  :wnw:
It seems to work on all the photos already posted as well!   

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Patre

mschonher

Hi John,

It's all working beautifully! Thanks for your hard work.........Mary

mschonher

jneil2

Mhayes

John, this is GREAT! I love all of the changes you are making.  :wnw:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

John

Quote from: mschonher on January 31, 2008, 11:50:52 AM
John, can you tell us how the new gallery feature works?

Mary

Good question!

Just kidding, well, kind of.  We've yet to decide on how to best implement the gallery feature.  Stay tuned, we should have more information for you in the coming days!! :-)

John

Quote from: jneil2 on January 31, 2008, 12:21:22 PM
Great new feature, John.  You are brilliant.

Jan

I'm printing this out and showing my girlfriend.

Thanks!

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

John, great new feature!  Your example worked perfectly for me.  Looking forward to learning how to implement the same process with my image posts.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna and Mary, I believe that you don't have to do anything extra when you post a picture, it works automatically!
John is the best (another one to print for your girlfriend, John!)

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

John, you've done a great job on the lightbox idea, I love it  :up:.
That being said, I don't want to take anything away from the great job your doing with the forum, but one problem still remains with the wide photo thing.
The text is still the same width as the photos that are posted, and you still have to scroll over to read it.
If your working on this part of the problem still, then I'm sorry for jumping the gun.