• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ATTENTION: Australian Volunteers

Started by Dave, January 28, 2008, 09:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

All,

I've been contacted by a woman in Emerald who wants to help restore photos for the victims of recent floods there. I was wondering if any of you are from the Emerald area? If so, would you be willing to help this woman in getting the damaged photos into the OPR system.

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks.
Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ausimax

Dave,

I have sent you an email regarding this matter.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

truckersau

Dave.
I would like to apologize for being unable to participate in this endever, as I'm 1500km from Emerald. :(
Regrettably, I can't be that far from my medical support team. :(

G3User

Dave,

Unfortunately I have the same problem Ray has, 1500km.

Would an alternative be to get photos shipped to us for capture rather than going to the photos?
Emerald is in central southern Queensland and has been in drought for many years. They appear to have received all the rain they have missed out on over the last month or so and have really suffered.

It would be nice to be able to help, particularly if Chris and her machine are not involved

Athol

Dave

Thanks for responding everyone. Max I've already responded to your email.

As a policy, we avoid having owners ship their damaged images to us for copying. The reasons include the overall fragility of the images, the contamination (I have routine sinus infections now which I never had before starting OPR and going on copyruns) and the organizational hassles that would be involved with receiving/returning/recording the images.

Either way, it seems that the woman who contacted me has a system in place.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Mhayes

Dave,

What is the chance that the lady could organize her own copy run? When I asked to do the one in Coffeyville, KS, I was a "newbie" with only a month in OPR. At the time when I asked you if it would be possible to help the people in my home state, you replied yes, but I would have to organize it on my own because you were going on the Biloxi run. I had NO IDEA how to do a copy run and did not have a copy stand. The four of us that went on that run had no prior experience and relied on the information that all of you gave me. Between emails, phone calls, research online, and life support from Chris, the trip went off without a hitch. If she or another photographer has a good digital SLR camera, copy stand or tripod, she could pull this off. She would also need to have a photo editing software to get the photos sized, labeled and burned to a CD or DVD.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi all,

I'm going to be working with this lady to help her in the process of doing a copy run.  A trip to Australia would be nice, but since that's not feasible, we'll handle everything via the internet!

Chris

Mhayes

Chris,

You were great!!!! I could not have done it without you. This would be wonderful to have a chance to help in Australia, especially since we have so many great volunteers there. It would really be amazing to pull this global effort off via the internet.  :loveit:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It's a pity we all live so far apart here in oz. But the internet can bring us together. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]