• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Chris outdid herself on this one.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), January 23, 2008, 07:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

My latest looks like Chris dipped her cats claws in yellow paint and let them do 360's on the photo.
Here is the before and the WIP.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

OMG Tassie, that's a doozie!! Those scratches are just everywhere! A lot od pains-takinf work in this one but it's coming along :up:

Ausimax

Hi Tassie,

That one's a real Lulu, I had a look at it and said no Max, restrain yourself, Tess would love that one. :funny:

Doing well so far Tess, what I have found on those with lots of fine scratches is to dupe the layer twice, on the first copy run the dust & scratches filter and fiddle with the settings till you get rid of most of the scratches.
Then on the second copy (Top) apply a layer mask and activate it and with a fine brush paint out the scratches.

I tried it on yours and it was quite effective even on the faces, if that is a 4x6 photo you would probably get away with just that, it still leaves some clean-up to do but is often less work than trying to clone and heal them all.

By the way have a great holiday, sounds like a good trip, I love the convenience of a caravan holiday, stop anywhere for a cuppa or a meal and you don't have to share with the flies.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Tess, that is coming along great!  I know from experience that when you work on these yellow scratches, they are all over the photo as soon as you zoom in.
Max that is a great tip, I must be getting old because I have used that method in the past and completely forgotten about it!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Tess, you really picked a stinker!  I noticed that many of the photos in the galleries have the same type of damage.  I think I'll use the "10-foot pole" technique on those (as in wouldn't touch with...).  You're braver than I am.

I just wanted to comment on one thing that I noticed when checking out your work so far.  At the end of the cabinet and on the wall beside it there is some obvious cloning.  I've found that when I have that effect show up I have good luck with using the patch tool to make the area look more random.  I picked that up in one of the lessons in my CS2 Total Training series.  In one case a large piece from a similar area was copied and pasted to the damaged part and then patched around the edged to match.  Quite effective.

You'll need your holiday when you finish this bear!

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks for the great tips everyone. Max, I'll try that out and see if I can get this one finished pronto. Glenna I see what you mean in that pic. Didnt realise I'd put the worst one up, it doesnt look like that now. I tend to quickly go round a lot of the damage roughly then go back and blend and repair. That way I don't have the horrors every time I open it up. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Miz Cozma

Nice work so far!

Those yellow bits..are what I refer to as evil fireworks  >:D
Can do nice things with fireworks :) when you can tell them where to go.. but on their own they make quite a mess!

Good luck with the rest

and Thanks Max for that tip :) I added it to my growing list of retouching tips :)