• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Pictures

Started by Mhayes, January 19, 2008, 03:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Mary

I just got to the forum and have perused the ongoing posts.  I'm with Shujen in preferring the warm colors that you rendered originally.  The young woman's skin looks much more vibrant and life-like to me.

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Oh boy this is so much fun!  I have been following the discussion as well and I agree with Glenna and Chen on the warmth of the colors, very nice! 
On the other hand I would like to see the dress and veil just a tiny bit less yellow and add some vibrancy to the bouquet as well.
The left picture is the original restoration and the right one I did levels and then selected the background and did a color correction, (more red, magenta and yellow).

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your input. Are you sick of this discussion yet? I'm leaning to the warm side of the flesh tones. I'm working on the worst of the lot today and it's going to be so difficult....I'm giving up for now and going on to the easier ones....saving the worse for last. I'm thinking this posting stuff is fun...............................Mary :loveit:

mschonher

Hi Hannie, I forgot to mention in former post that I kept the veil the color I did so it would look sheer. In my humble opinion it looks like some kind heavier fabric in your rendition....everything else is great though.............Mary

Hannie

That is true Mary, your picture looks much softer, dreamier, very pretty!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Mary,

You probably already know this, but for Veils what I generally do is make a new layer set to colour blending mode and paint over the veil with white, you can then vary the opacity of the layer to get the effect you want.

This is your pic with the white at 100% opacity, it is rough I justed painted without using a selection.

Another thing that may cause some disparity of what you see to what others on the forum see is that I noticed your photo was RGB, it is better to convert the image you are going to upload to the forum to sRGB as that displays the colours more accurately on web pages.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!