• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check this one out please

Started by Ausimax, January 17, 2008, 06:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

My latest project.

I'm pleased to see that Chris has the white spot and grunge machine working properly once again, I was beginning to think she had broke it. ;)

WIP

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Wow, what an improvement, that looks fabulous!   :wnw:
Ha ha, you triumphed over Chris' grunge machine!
Good onya Max!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Great job, Max! I bet the owners will be totally surprised and pleased how well this turned out.

Careful Hannie, Chris is libel to take your statement as a challenge.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Max - you did an unbelievable job on this tough one.  My only pick is that the woman's feet look truncated, and her leg to our right appears to have a chunk missing.  Unfortunately I can't be much help with suggestions, because that area is so dark I'm having difficulty making out details.  Small stuff considering your amazing clean-up.  Kudos & hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Glenna, I agree about the women's feet, but that's how they appear in the original. The perspective is really skewed, but looks like we have to restore it to what it was.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Max.  We finally have a restorer that can battle against Christine's heavy duty machines.  Great job!

I agree with Glenna that the feet look smaller.  I think the reason is because they are darker after restoration.  If you lighten them up, they will look larger.  Any way, smaller feet are prettier.  :D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Miz Cozma

Wonderful job, wow you guys are impressive!!!!

I think her feet are fine, I point my toes in lots too hehehe

again amazing job wonder if I will ever get brave enough to take on a job like that hehehe

Ausimax

Hi folk,

Thanks for your comments, no doubt about it Chris tries to keep us on our toes with the grunge machine.

The feet! They are not visible in the original even when converted to BW, I imagine she is wearing black shoes and they get lost in the shadow, all you can see is a shine that I think comes off buckles, decided to leave well enough alone with them.

Still have a bit of trimming to do and a print out to check it before it goes home.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Max. :up: I've been up since 5am and to the other end of the state and back so I aint seeing too good.
It is wonderful to see how you pulled all that detail out of Chris' gunk. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Max, you've done a fantastic job on this!  You've mastered my grunge machine beautifully!  Perhaps it's time for me to do some tweaking to my machine!! (just kidding!   :funny:)

I'm confident the owners will be thrilled with what you have done.

Chris

glennab

Christine:  STEP AWAY FROM THE GRUNGE MACHINE.  NOW! (pleeze)  Good grief!  You're outta control.  Scary.

But I love ya anyway!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

pcraft

Oh Max....  That is an amazing restoration...  Maybe it's time for you to write a book on restorations....    :cool:

Ausimax

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, they are much appreciated.

Robert there is NO chance that I will be writing a book on restorations any time soon, I have enough trouble trying to remember what I did that worked at the best of times, I usually wander down so many blind alleys that by the time I get to the destination I can't remember the route I took. :-[

Max

schen

Quote from: Ausimax on January 18, 2008, 09:42:10 PM

I usually wander down so many blind alleys that by the time I get to the destination I can't remember the route I took. :-[

That is a great motivation to write it down.   :D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

pcraft

Hi Max...  I can't recall where, but... Photoshop does have a function that will track and keep note of everything you do to a photo if you wish...
Maybe someone else here can shed light on where that function is..  It's been at least a few years since I used it...