• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ready to go #2

Started by Johnboy, January 11, 2008, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

This is the second one from the same family. Let me know what you think.

I used the levels trick on his hair and it worked. I tried it on his eyebrow but ended up just Patch tooling it and then painted with a little black to blend it all in.

I am leaving the line down the left side as it looks like the copy board. There is also a clipped corner at the top left. I'll let the printer and/or the family trim.

Original                                                                                          Restoration

Thanks for your help.

Johnboy

klassylady25

A couple things that I see is:  lower right hand corner - white damage, and rotating it just a bit so that the perspective is correct.   Color is great!

Candice

Johnboy

Candice,

When I enlarged that area during restoration it appeared to be a flower as part of a pattern in the carpet. So I left it alone. There is a red line that seems to separate the lighter and darker portion in the carpet. I wasn't sure if that was damage because the same line appears where the carpet and the black wall meet. I assumed those lines were all part of the natural picture and not damage.

I used the Katrin Eisman tutorial balancing the individual channels in a levels adjustment layer to get the color. I did a levels adjustment layer using the default RGB but liked the individual layer adjustment much better.

Johnboy

Ratz

Johnboy, I agree with Candice about rotating the pic slightly.
A very good retore, the colour came out great.
Cheers Vicki.

klassylady25

Quote from: Johnboy on January 11, 2008, 05:56:05 PM
Candice,

When I enlarged that area during restoration it appeared to be a flower as part of a pattern in the carpet. So I left it alone. There is a red line that seems to separate the lighter and darker portion in the carpet. I wasn't sure if that was damage because the same line appears where the carpet and the black wall meet. I

On the small version that is something that we can't see. Thank you for the insite.

Candy

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job on it. :up: Is there still a tiny bit of white damage on the bottom of the wicker chair? I agree with the rotation.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread but my question has to do with rotation as well so I thought it would fit in nicely.
I recently uploaded a restored photo that needed slight rotation.  After rotation the picture always needs cropping and that changes the size of the photo to a non standard size.  Do I change the size in the name of the file to this new non standard size or do I leave it as it is?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

If the rotation and crop are not too severe you can 'fill in the blanks' caused by the rotation. Could paint/clone/heal.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/91553183

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Johnboy

QuoteIs there still a tiny bit of white damage on the bottom of the wicker chair? I agree with the rotation.

I took the color swatch at the lower left to possibly be a cushion in the chair. However, going back to the image and checking channels you are correct about it being damage. I'll get that taken care of.

I know what you are saying about the rotation. I think I am going to defer that to the printing portion. I am afraid that cropping may cut into his shoulder, and there is not a lot of room there now. Maybe Christine or Dave can add to this.

Johnboy

Johnboy

Here is the photo with the restored chair. Thanks for catching that. I really thought is was a cushion or something else in the chair.

Johnboy