• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments on a pair

Started by G3User, January 02, 2008, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Sounds good Athol--great job!!

Ray, neat tip about the match color as I have never tried that either. I remember something about being able to use the same setting on a Levels or Curves to match a previous photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Margie, to use the same setting on a levels or curves, you simply drag the layer from one file and drop it over the other file.(with both files opened first).  It works only when both photos need the same adjustments.  The color matching supposed to bring two pictures with different hue to the same result.  I tried it on several of my snow pictures.  Maybe because there were little color information when mostly snow gray, the color saturation was way off after the color match.  I will have to try it on some other pictures.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Schen, I knew that you could drag levels or curves from one file to the next, but somewhere I had read about how to have your settings (on level or cuves) pull up with the same adjustsments you used last. Now I think I'm crazy because I can't find anything like it. Plus, it would seem redundant when you can drag the layer over.  :D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Here's a way to drag adjustment layers. (These pics were just borrowed. They are still available)

Both images open

Make adjustments to one

Link layers you want to drag OR just highlight one layer you want to drag.

Select MOVE tool.
Activate the image with adjustments.
Drag from that image to the other. Don't drag the layers themselves.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/91212590

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro