• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments on a pair

Started by G3User, January 02, 2008, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Taking the pair was a great help.

I think I have gone as far as I can with the repairs to each but can't help fiddling to try and make the images more like each other. Seems however that I am going backwards so suspect I should call it quits. Any suggestions?

Athol

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Athol. :up: I'd just darken the right hand side a bit more where most of the damage was.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi Athol,

I think you've done beautifully on this.  I agree with Tassie of darkening the right side a bit, so the two match up, but even if you don't, I think they look fine.  I'm sure the owners will be thrilled!

Christine

klassylady25

Mhayes

Looks great, Athol!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

Ausimax

Great job Athol, the only thing I see is the area circled, I think that is damage, it doesn't show in the other photo.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

G3User

Thanks everyone. My wife says my head is swelling ^-^

I darkened down the reconstructed wall Tassie D and that certainly helped.

Max, if you only knew how carefully I had repaired around the bit of damage you identified. It's gone!

On their way back

Hannie

Hi Athol,

What a great job you did!  The damage is repaired so well and you brought out more detail and color as well.  (hope your head doesn't explode by now  ;)).
In noticed that when I played a bit with the the levels and contrast the 2 will match up perfectly, not that it is necessary though!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

Hi Athol.
Your restores look great.
Just a little tip, for future reference when working on a pair of photos like this.
When your finished doing your restore, and your happy with the results.
Try this little tip, open both images in photoshop at the same time.
Pick the one your most happy with color wise, then select the other image that you wish to adjust, as your main image.
Then go to image - adjustments - match color.
Then in the source box select the other image that you have open.( the one that you like the color of ).
This will color your image the same as the one you where happy with, to start with.
You can make some adjustments at this stage if you like.
I really hope that's not to hard to understand, like I've said before I'm not the best at putting my thoughts down in writing.

Hannie

Hi Ray,

What a smart suggestion, didn't even know it was there!
Thanks for sharing that great tip.

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Athol,  You did a great job on this pair.  I can't even tell there are restored photos.

Ray, I did not know the "match color" either.  I have to try it on the pictures I took a couple of days ago when I went x-country skiing.  I took my point-and-shoot little camera out and it did not do a good job on white balance.  I know the adjustment layer can be dragged and dropped from one file to the other.  But that only works when the originals are of the same color hue.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

I've tried the color match tool and it works great.  You do have to use the sliders a bit to tone down the effect a bit but other than that the results are good.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

G3User

Thanks everyone

Ray, you don't have to apologize about your description of the method. It was easy to follow and made a much better match than I had been able to achieve manually. Thanks.  :wnw:

My collection of OPR hints continues to grow

Margie, I will send the two images again later today with "repaired2" added to their titles

Athol