• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ziaphra's Restorations - Updated 17th July

Started by Ziaphra, July 05, 2006, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziaphra

Thank you...restoring photos has always been my first love...

Ziaphra

This is one of a series of three...ignore any jaggies as they are from resizing for the forum. :)

Ziaphra

This is the second of the series...

Mark Wilson

Super work, as always! Where do you get the time from?

-Mark.
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

Ziaphra

Thanx...lucky enough to be a stay at home Mom who works nights. :)

Dave

Amazing! The only thing I would suggest is changing is the mouth just a little bit. The more I look at the image the more the mouth stands out as the focal point of the face. It takes away emphasis from the eyes.  I would say dull it down slightly through contrast or saturation. Other than that, you do fantastic work.

I'm happy that you're one of us.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ziaphra

Will try it and post back...thanx Dave.

Edit: Is this better?

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

milanab

ziaphra, you use paint shop pro 9? i am using the X version , 10 i assume..  i have been lazy about the tutuorials.  guess i need to go back and practice ALOT  i thought you might have had some graphics background but your post said you were self taught.  maybe being a stay at home mom, with only 1 child and a hubby that works nights doesn't build your powers of concentration like a stay at home mom with 6 that works at night.  and you are younger than me :D  some people like the 9 version better maybe i should think about that too.  at any rate you have a real gift for this sort of work. 
without faith...there is no hope

Ziaphra

Thanx milanab...I really should mention Worth1000 as I am a juror there (taking a bit of a sabbatical at the mo'). They helped me learn photomanipulation, ie, merging 2 different types of animals seamlessly to make one etc...have a look at the folder 'photoshop' on my website and you will see what I mean. As soon as I learnt what was possible, that was it...I was constantly begging for photos to restore in H2H contests, to the point where no-one had any more! So OPR has quenched a desperate thirst! :D

Ratz

Ziaphra

Thanx Ratz! :)

This was a bit of a nightmare and I am still not happy with her face! Any suggestions? I think it is something to do with her nose...

vhansen

milanab

it seems in the original the nose has a shadow  or highlight i guess i should say, all the way from eye brow to tip of her nose ,  which would narrow it down some and give it some definition...otherwise beautiful miracle you have gotten yourself into.. 
without faith...there is no hope