• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ziaphra's Restorations - Updated 17th July

Started by Ziaphra, July 05, 2006, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

havril

Great job!!  How much work time did it take you?

Harvey

Ziaphra

Thanx Jim. :) About a week in total havril...but a lot of that time was spent searching for bits and pieces that would work in the picture. :) What I did initially was restore the background to 'see' it a little better and then built it up from there...lots and lots of layers!

Ziaphra

Here is another I picked up this morning...had to tweak it a bit again after uploading it! Ignore any jaggies as they are from resizing for the forum. :)

Ziaphra

I am in 2 minds about this image now...what do you think about it in a sepia tone?

John

I think both are fantastic, however, the sepia toned one is more reflective of the photo that the owner is probably most familiar with.  Tough call, I know!

capriccio

Quote from: Ziaphra on July 06, 2006, 03:18:02 PM
Here is another I picked up this morning...had to tweak it a bit again after uploading it! Ignore any jaggies as they are from resizing for the forum. :)
Beautiful! I love the hair - seamless!

Ziaphra

Thanx JCM...I personally prefer the sepia toned one but I think I'll leave this call to Becky. :)

Thanx cap...that was the easy bit! :D The sleeve and arm was a nightmare to look realistic...

Ziaphra

Just done and am happy with everything but the hair...:( Any advice?

Dave

Great work on the face!

As far as the hair goes, I think you need to get back some of its natural texture. It seems to smooth. Just don't ask me how to do it.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ziaphra

LOL! I know what you mean...am working on it now. :)

capriccio

The smudge tool set at 1 or 2 pixels, 80% or higher (you'll have to play with the strength) will help - pull out individual strands over and over in the direction of the curls. It is good to set a snapshot or duplicate the layer first so you can go back to an original state later if you have to.

It might help, depending on the size of the image, to use a spatter brush first to smugde out groups of hairs, then fine-tune it with a smaller pixel brush. This is how I usually do hair edges.

Hope it helps - and I hope someone posts an easier way to get that wispy look on the edges of hair! :D

Ziaphra

Thanx cap...I managed to do it...what do you think?

capriccio

Quote from: Ziaphra on July 07, 2006, 02:15:32 PM
Thanx cap...I managed to do it...what do you think?

Looks very natural. Great job!

Ziaphra

Here's another...quite pleased with the way this turned out...I love restoring photos of children as having lost some of my kids photos with moving, I know what it's like to lose such a precious memory!

pcraft

Lovely restoration Ziaphra...  You definitely have great skill with, I presume Photoshop... 

Keep up the great work!!!    :up: