• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I need some eyes

Started by Ausimax, December 17, 2007, 02:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Even some noses and ears may help. ;D

I am having trouble sorting out what is going on in this image (left or right refer to how we view it)

1. The area to the girls right, outlined in red, to me it appears to be a transparent material over-top with an irregular hem. Any other suggestions?

2. The area to the boys left, outlined in blue, at first glance it appears to be the back of his coat, but when you think about it his coat shouldn't  be that poorly fitting to protrude that far. DW reckons it is a table behind them and that is the hanging cloth, me I reckon it is just a pain in the bit I sit on.

3. The area of his shoulder, outlined in green, there appears to be a definite outline of this shoulder, though reason says that his shoulders can't be that wide, his right arm seems to be behind his back.

There is no help to be found in channels in any mode, it is hard to define the join line between them for the separation of dress and suit.

Any suggestions regarding the points raised would be appreciated.

[Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kiska

I think the guy has his right arm behind his back (green). The blue IS the bottom of his jacket, probably unbuttoned and looking funny because of the position of his arm is making it stick out.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

I'd agree with Kiska. I think he is wearing a waistcoat with the jacket unbuttoned. Has his hand in the trouser pocket making the jacket flare back. The jacket is probably a loose fit if its worn for a dance contest and may be longer in the tail than normal?
She may be wearing a puffed net type overlay on a fitted skirt?
As to where he stops and she starts I have no idea.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

This is rough. Where the arm meets the body needs correction, but maybe it will give you an idea. I think his vest is multicolored.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/90432164

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

I think that Kiska has it.  I would add on thing about the assessment, where she has the gown ending, I think that there is a sheen at the base of the picture (close to the W) that would indicate that the gown is actually longer and under the words "this way".   ;)   

glennab

Hi Max

I think there are several other photos of this couple with which you could compare their clothing.  I, too, think she's wearing a short overskirt and that the young gentleman has his hand in his pocket, which would distort the shoulder and the bottom of the jacket (The left image in Kiska's rough is what I'd envision).  His vest is definitely patterned. Tough one!  Good luck.

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your input, Tess, I think you nailed it in that he has his hand in his pocket, thats one of the problems of being old, I was taught that a Gentleman didn't stand with his hands in his pockets, and the multicoloured vest makes sense.

Kiska, your sketch looks pretty close to the money, I still think the shoulder is too wide but will work on that, Candy is right about the gown, the hem breaks right at the top of the shoe heel.

Glenna, I have done another photo of this girl, however like most women, she keep changing her clothes, I haven't seen any other photos from this particular occasion, if anybody has one that gives any further info I would be grateful of a copy.

Thanks again for your help in making sense of this, I now have a clearer idea of the image in my mind.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Johnboy

Hi Max.

I am no clothing expert. Just ask my youngest daughter. I concur with the hand in the pocket or at least behind his back.  I also vote for the table in the back behind him. Note that at the top it seems to be rounded in shape as per my yellow marking. I don't think a hand in the pocket with the coat pulled back would give that shape. I think his right shoulder starts just under the damage in that area. The cyan marking is where I think his arm outline is, and the trouser edge is in magenta. The bottom of the vest is a red line. To me that would put his arm in the vicinity of the intersection of the lines. I think he was trying to show off that snazzy vest is why we don't see a hand.

Johnboy

Ausimax

Back again, This is where I am at present, comments welcomed.

Max

klassylady25

The only area that I see that is the space between the couples.  The gals petifor does not, to my eyes, meet the guys tux.  I can see the wall space between.  Maybe others will at a pro or con as to what I see.  That's the only thing I see and you've done a fantastic job! 

cmpentecost

I have to agree with Candy on this.  I think there is wall space between them around her tummy area.

Great job Max on a very difficult photo!

Chris

Ausimax

Thanks Candy,Chris, wasn't too sure about the petifor, if it went to the front or not.

Here is the modified version.

Max

cmpentecost

klassylady25

I agree whole heartedly  :up: :loveit:

Candy

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]