• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Bubble Machine

Started by Ausimax, December 07, 2007, 08:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Not satisfied with spots and plaid, we now seem to be using the dreaded Bubble Machine. :'(

This one has been a real pain, hardly a brick without a blister, there was something else in the left side, I think it is a chair, however I couldn't find enough detail to reconstruct it so I lost it.

Give me your thoughts on it please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

I think you're right about the chair.  French Provencial comes to mind. you know the like that everone uses in a background.   Kinda like that but in white.  I don't envy you the bricks!!  Ouch!

schen

I would have disagree with you on the chair, Candy.  I think it looks like this:

Max, it looks good without the chair.  I would suggest burn the guy on the right a little and darken the mortar lines between the legs of the guy in the middle.  Other than that, it was a great job.  :up:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

I see arms on the chair.  Don't you?

schen

I didn't.  But now you mention it... :funny:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

Chris must have mugged the ghost of Lawrence Welk for that bubble machine!!  ;D
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

G3User

Max,

Another approach to the bricks is to enlarge the canvas, clean up a small area of bricks, distort it to make it square and then copy/paste until you have enough to fill the enlarged canvas. Select it all and distort it to create perspective. It make it much easier to get sensible horizontal lines though it need more work if you need to replicate the reduced width of the bricks off to the left.
This is a quick and dirty and it needed to have some color correction of the original group of bricks.

I have used this a number of times and find it much easier than trying to repair lots of small pieces

Athol

Ausimax

Hi Folk,

Thanks for your comments.
As for the type of chair I am sorry to say you are all wrong, from the general condition of this image I am reasonably certain it was a Deck Chair off the Titanic. :wow:

Athol thanks for you input, actually the bricks were probably the easiest part to do, My quick and dirty method is to create a layer and paint all the mortar lines on it, then clean up an area of the bricks and clone the colour/texture over the whole area, use the healing tool to blend all the areas of colour change into each other, then run the blur filter over the mortar layer, and "hey presto" a  quick and nasty brick wall.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job Max. :up: I agree on darkening the guys a bit, they looks a little ghosty.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Great job on the restoration Max!  As for the bubble machine, I found Lawrence Welk's bubble machine on eBay and got it for a bargain!   ;D

Chris

Mhayes

Great job, Max!

What you all don't know is that Chris also got Lawrence Welk's accordion on eBay. She is currently learning how to polka!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Charlene5

Quote from: MarCat on December 08, 2007, 05:00:47 PM

What you all don't know is that Chris also got Lawrence Welk's accordion on eBay. She is currently learning how to polka!  :funny:

Margie

Can she do the "anna one anna two" part as well?   I'd pay good money to see that!  ;D
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Ausimax

Knowing Christine, if she has Lawrence Welk's accordion and is learning to polka, the next thing we may expect is a batch of photos covered in Polka Dots.  >:(

She is very ingenious and will soon develop the accordion to produce dots as she plays - beware! :funny:

Max

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Ausimax on December 08, 2007, 07:20:01 PM
Knowing Christine, if she has Lawrence Welk's accordion and is learning to polka, the next thing we may expect is a batch of photos covered in Polka Dots.  >:(

She is very ingenious and will soon develop the accordion to produce dots as she plays - beware! :funny:

Max

:wow:  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]