• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christmas Header

Started by Mhayes, December 04, 2007, 12:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

John, love your header. Now if I can get into the spirit of the holidays!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

:up2: Looks great John. I got into the Christmas spirit yesterday and decorated the old plastic tree.
Last night the darn base broke off it and I had to buy a new one. Guess what I'm doing this evening. Decorating the tree again. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Very nice header John!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

:loveit:How very pretty :loveit:

Ausimax

Holidays? We get Holidays? At full pay I hope plus 17.5% holiday leave loading, and free business class travel to a tropical island of our choice? :D

I know!!!  We just get another spotty photo of somebody else's holidays. :funny:

Like the header John, it almost enough to stop me saying, Bah Humbug and change to Ho Ho Ho, but then I would loose my standing as a "Grumpy Old Man" :knuppel:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

In the Netherlands on the 5Th of December we celebrate Sinterklaas.  For those of you who want to know more this is nice to read:

http://www.thehollandring.com/sinterklaas.shtml

If you don't feel like reading all that I can tell you that on this day we try to make fun of each other by giving presents and accompanying poems that take a jibe at someone (in a friendly manner).  Somewhat like the Inuit do when they gather and sit around singing obscene songs at each other and such.  We are a weird nation....

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Great header, John.  At least you didn't put it up before Halloween!

Max, I'm with you.  I have a reputation (especially at work) as a Christmas Curmudge, because the season is worn out by the time the day gets here.  So, of course, my beloved co-workers go out of their way to torment me.  They page me every day to advise how many days are left; or they play (gnarly pop) Christmas music through the phone or stand in the middle of the department and serenade me with the gnarly pop Christmas songs.  This year they wanted me to put up the company tree.  I made them put it away! They've Photoshopped Santa hats on my computer wallpaper cats, draped lights all over my cubicle – the torment is never-ending.

And of course, we can't put up many decorations at home.  The last time Lon put out the Christmas train, one of the cats ate the caboose.  (I made the mistake of snickering -- hubby was not amused!  Hence no train for the last 10 years.)  I hate to think what the 12 of them would do to a tree.  As it is, too many things go "bump" in the night!

I miss the more innocent days when the holidays didn't mean "gimme, gimme, gimme!"  And I miss having my son to enjoy the season with me. 

Jeez, do I sound like an old fart???

Cheers????

Glenna

Hannie, you were posting while I was.  I think the Netherlands sounds like a nation of people who haven't lost their sense of fun.  I love the idea of "roasting" friends and family as a celebration.  We all have our eccentricities, and laughing about them is a great way to keep from getting caught up in them or taking them too seriously.  Maybe I'll start a new "Dutch" tradition at work.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Hannie,

Thanks for the picture of Saint Nicholas.  I think that is how we call him here.

Help me out.  When I was in Holland one winter, there was a day that kids painted their face black and ran around.  What was that day?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Chen, to my embarrassment I have to admit that you are right... What you saw are Pieten, they are supposed to be Sinterklaas little helpers.  One story says that Sinterklaas had a little chimney sweep boy (Piet) that was thin enough to go down the chimney and leave gifts in the children's shoes by the fire place, hence the black face.  Another story says that Piet was Sinterklaas' black servant who delivered the gifts. 
I think I'll stick to the first story...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

John

thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Have a great Holiday season!