• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Moses A6_5 1.5x2

Started by Charlene5, December 03, 2007, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

I just uploaded this one - the airman who looks for all the world like his hemorrhoids are killing him?  For some reason I couldn't rename it as it was from my working copy - Photoshop was saving it in some unreadable format due to "program error" which covers a lot of territory.  Anyhow.  The title is truncated and I stuck in the word "copy" to differentiate it.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

MJ, I got your airman and he looks great. Sorry about the problems with saving in Photoshop, but I do have one problem and that is your extension. What I got is MosesT_A6_5_1_done_mj.jpg. What I need in that extension is to have the size. Could you resave this as MosesT_A6_5_1.5x2 (and then whatever you want after that) .jpg? If the size has changed, change it in the extension.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi MJ and everyone else,

While we do not want you to change the name of the photo (in order for us to keep track of it), Photoshelter has recently made some changes that now allow us (OPR "staff") to change the name.  This is a huge time saver to us, and, like I said, we still want you to keep the original name of the photo, it's no longer the time consuming process it once was.

Christine

Charlene5

That's just it, Margie - Photoshop wouldn't let me save it with that file name.  Every time I tried it the picture morphed into some unreadable format due to "program error."  I had a brilliant <cough> idea while peeling potatoes.  I still have PSP9 on my computer.  I opened the file in PSP, renamed it, and I'll reupload it.  It hasn't been cropped - it's the same size.  It was so weenie that I didn't feel right cropping out the black cack so I expanded the edges in the background. 

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

schen

MJ,

Could you save it with any name PhotoShop desires; close PhotoShop; then rename the file?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

Schen it seemed[ to be saving it when I renamed it.  I always check that the file is OK before I go to upload it, and every time Photoshop said it couldn't be opened due to "program error."  Instead of having the usual jpeg or psd symbol it had that one windows sticks in there when  doesn't recognize a file type.   I even cold booted the computer to see if it was something in memory that was preventing me from flushing and starting over.  No dice.  I renamed it in PSP :)
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

MJ, I got the extension changed on PhotoShelter. Sorry for the hassle as this was a quick fix. I didn't know I could do this, until now.

I wonder if your problem could have been had a virus carried in on one of the spots on your photos?  ;D

Every is fixed, thanks!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

MJ, by the looks of my last post, you would think I was hitting the bottle. The Spell Check can only do so much! I meant to say that everything had been fixed.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]