• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Veronica's Moderate Workshop

Started by Veronica, July 05, 2006, 02:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcarey2

Good suggestion for the color layer (I must try that). As for "borrowing" the image from ebay--using another's creative work without a license (from the license holder) is a violation, but as mentioned earlier it's not likely to be pursued.
One more thing. I am just not sure about the door/window moulding. I prefer the original with it coming it at an angle it makes the image seem less rigid, more intimate. It seemed to direct my eyes to her, now it seems to make her back look ramrod straight...
paz y luz
ron

milanab

i have sent the ebay person 2 emails and never heard anything back ..when i originally posted it ...it was for reference only.  however when veronica put it in the photo it worked very very well. and looks great.   so i guess since it has been a week at least and no word , just use your best judgement or ask admin.  what they think.
without faith...there is no hope

8 perf

First off great job on the restoration. 
Now, not to put a damper on the whole thing, persoanlly I like the chair.  But, to me, it is blatently obvious that the chair in the pic is not the same chair from eBay.  I wonder if the whole guideline from OPR about adding things that were not there, or changing things t
Suppose for a moment that the photo was taken at a house of say the brides grandmother.  She will know right off that the chair is not correct, thus helping to  remind her that this pic is not original.  I am under the impression that our job here is to restore the memory the photo invoked, not that of its loss/ damage. 
Just my .02 cents though.  Still, fantastic job on the restorations though.  Gonna tackle a moderate or hard one here in a bit.  Hope I can do it justice.  I know where to turn if I need help though.

Mark (8-Perf)

milanab

hey mark....it is the same basic style of chair just not the same chair.  if you go through all the posts , especially the close ups) you will see under her hand the outline of the petals and leaves as well as the detail on the relief molding around the chair. it is very identical, however veronica is having to guess on color and fabic styles. since this one looked so nice and a solid pattern it  was useful.  the original fabric is a mystery and veronica originally made it navy with a white pattern but didn't have any detail under her hands.  i haven't looked but i am assuming all of the pictures are still in the post there were several close ups with details marked and/or questioned.  she isn't adding anything that wasn't there in that respect, without the chair,her hands would be in mid air and the entire feel of the pic would change and cropping it out is out of the question
without faith...there is no hope