• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Veronica's Moderate Workshop

Started by Veronica, July 05, 2006, 02:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

Hi Milinab,

I will give it a try with your photo.  It is a great image to work from.  Thank you!   ^-^

Veronica

milanab

very very nice...but should i ask permission to use the photo from the ebay auction where i got it?  the chair looks wonderful, and fits right in.  my monitor shows a blue cast around her hair but it could be my monitor, i am never sure i have it calibrated right. someday i will  learn the tricks and hints i need to layer and etc etc...great job,  :up:
without faith...there is no hope

Peter_AUS

it is actually showing a purple/pinkish fringing around the hair, and into the face, especially around the let cheek/jaw line.  Like CA.  The chair looks really well now and I notice you might have gone with the window feel to the panelling behind the veil.

I have a Phillips CRT 22" and calibrated with an Eye One Display device, so I am hoping my vision is accurate, but if two of us are seeing the same thing then it must be there, we are worlds apart I think in locations as well.
Regards,

Peter

Veronica

Quote from: milanab on July 08, 2006, 10:40:06 PM
very very nice...but should i ask permission to use the photo from the ebay auction where i got it?  the chair looks wonderful, and fits right in.  my monitor shows a blue cast around her hair but it could be my monitor, i am never sure i have it calibrated right. someday i will  learn the tricks and hints i need to layer and etc etc...great job,  :up:

I don't think so, I would think it would by ok. 

And yes, I see the color.  I am on a laptop, so I will transfer it to my PC and adjust from there.

Thanks so much for all your help.   :)

Veronica

Quote from: Peter_AUS on July 09, 2006, 02:26:19 AM
it is actually showing a purple/pinkish fringing around the hair, and into the face, especially around the let cheek/jaw line.  Like CA.  The chair looks really well now and I notice you might have gone with the window feel to the panelling behind the veil.

I have a Phillips CRT 22" and calibrated with an Eye One Display device, so I am hoping my vision is accurate, but if two of us are seeing the same thing then it must be there, we are worlds apart I think in locations as well.

Thank you Peter, yes I see it too.  Thanks so much for your help too.   :up:

John

It's about time someone gets something free from eBay!!!!  ;D

Veronica

Quote from: JCM on July 09, 2006, 07:22:26 PM
It's about time someone gets something free from eBay!!!!  ;D

LOL, indeed!   :funny:

Ptollemy

I respectfully disagree. I have used photos from eBay in the past for other things, and have always written to the seller and asked permission first. After all it is their work, and for me, it's the right thing to do. [You mileage may differ :)]  For what it's worth, I've never been knocked back.

Just my two cents worth
Kind regards
Ptollemy

[PS: Outstanding job on the photo  :up:]

John

Quote from: Ptollemy on July 10, 2006, 07:23:59 AM
I respectfully disagree. I have used photos from eBay in the past for other things, and have always written to the seller and asked permission first. After all it is their work, and for me, it's the right thing to do. [You mileage may differ :)]  For what it's worth, I've never been knocked back.

Just my two cents worth
Kind regards
Ptollemy

[PS: Outstanding job on the photo  :up:]

I suppose you might have a point.  It would probably be good PR for OPR as well.  We should take every opportunity to spread the word about our project as possible.  And we don't want to be known as 'that volunteer group that hoarks pictures from eBay auctions!'  It should also be our practice to avoid hotlinking to images on other people's servers unless we have permission as well.  If you right-click/properties on an image and you see it's hosted on a private server vs. Photobucket/Imageshack, etc., please double check with the owner as you'll be increasing their bandwidth usage unnecessarily.

milanab

i will write them asap to ask.  i felt like we should as well.  i was just so excited about  finding the chair...  i have them in my watch box so it will be easy to get back to them.  thanks for the input. 

milanab

veronica, still no word from the lady about the chair.  still checking my mail often for a note from her

Veronica

Quote from: milanab on July 11, 2006, 01:44:03 PM
veronica, still no word from the lady about the chair.  still checking my mail often for a note from her

Ok Milanab, thank you so much for checking it.  You're the best.   ^-^

allanpat

since you aren't using the picture of the chair for commercial use, there should be no legal problem with using it.  It's not like anyone other than the family will ever see it anyway.

Also, as for the photo, great work, but there is still a bit too much blue/violet in her face & vail.  You could try playing with channels to get rid of it, or this tip that Mark Wilson gave me might work:

* Create a new blank layer
    * Sample the colour you want to remove. (violet from her forehead, or blue in vail)
    * Fill the new layer with sampled colour, then invert it (Ctrl-i in Photoshop)
    * change the Layer Mode to Colour Dodge and adjust the Opacity to suit (30 or 40% is probably enough)

Veronica

Quote from: allanpat on July 13, 2006, 07:29:00 PM
since you aren't using the picture of the chair for commercial use, there should be no legal problem with using it.  It's not like anyone other than the family will ever see it anyway.

Also, as for the photo, great work, but there is still a bit too much blue/violet in her face & vail.  You could try playing with channels to get rid of it, or this tip that Mark Wilson gave me might work:

* Create a new blank layer
    * Sample the colour you want to remove. (violet from her forehead, or blue in vail)
    * Fill the new layer with sampled colour, then invert it (Ctrl-i in Photoshop)
    * change the Layer Mode to Colour Dodge and adjust the Opacity to suit (30 or 40% is probably enough)

Awesome, I will try that.  Thank you so much!  :)