• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Veronica's Moderate Workshop

Started by Veronica, July 05, 2006, 02:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

I think this one was moderate.  (I can't remember)   :D

This is a work in progress.  I have a question, what would you do with the areas marked by the red X?

I had this need to straighten the door frame....should I have left it angled?

The fabric on the chair...should I leave that as a solid color?  Is it fabric?

And the area under the door frame, I think that should be floor....but I am not sure.

Any help and feedback appreciated. 

Thank you!

Mark Wilson

Hi again V,

There's a slight blue cast on the photo (or just the face), otherwise I REALLY like what you've done!  :up:

I would have straightened the frame too, BTW. Chair is perfect, don't dare touch it!  ;)

It might be cleaner if the frame ran all the way to the bottom.

-Mark.
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

idyllopus

Difficult to tell from this size but I would say that can't be floor as the frame and wall paper print is too large, the wall seems not far behind her instead.  Like I said, pic is too small for me to tell if it is just flood damage or if there is perhaps the hint of wainscotting.  But the veil is what is more important.

Is the fabric of the chair burgandy-rose inthe original pic?  Or does it just seem to be to my eye and in the larger pic it is obviously blue?

Ditton on Mark.  Nice work.

John

I agree that the fabric on the chair looks more burgandy than blue, but cannot tell if the color change is due to damage or not.

The only other thing that piques my interest in the restoral is what part of the chair is her hand resting on?  I see a disconnect there vs. what I can ascertain from the orignal...

Again, just general comments.  Overall I think it looks excellent. Nice!

Veronica

Thank you for the feedback Mark, idyllopus and JCM!  I really appreciate it. 

I will get back to work on it.   ^-^

Ziaphra

Is it just me or is the back of the chair a decorative wooden bit? ;)

rcarey2

I agree. I think I see some ornate carving at the top of the chair. Her hands rest on it...(or I just may be daffy.)
paz y luz
ron

clinttmbg

Its an unbelievably good restoration to me, so you know the owner will be amazed!  :up2:
SNK for life!

Veronica

Here is a close up of that area of the chair.  To me it looks like a navy colored fabric with ivory colored leaves.  But I suppose it could be wood carving?  What do you think?

Veronica

This is my second area of question ... close up.

The door seems to end, and the area looks darker than the wallpaper which is why I thought it was the floor.  What do you think?

Peter_AUS

I wonder if it isn't a door but a window surround and that is the bottom of the window inside ledge surrounding mould.  I don't think from the angle it is the floor.  More like either bottom of window or maybe even a door handle if it is a door.
Regards,

Peter

John

Veronica,

I'm actually looking at this part of the chair...

This part looks like a rose colored velvet to me, but again it could just be color loss due to damage.

Looking at the enlarged picture of the chair, that almost looks like some sort of brass metalwork or woodwork, like you said, attached to the top of the chair.  Notice how the one leaf 'stem' actually looks like it's sitting on top of the wood.  This also makes sense in terms of how the woman's hands are resting 'above' the wood.   Take a look at my attempt to illustrate:

Very hard to tell, but I'm not convinced of the blue fabric.  Very well could be though!  This is a tough one!

And she's actually kneeling in the chair on the cushion, right?  As opposed to being behind the chair?

milanab

this chair on ebay is probably a very close match to that one. 
hope the people don't mind i borrowed the photo   :-[  i could email them and ask if we could use the photo....what do you think??  she is standing behind it not kneeling in the chair
without faith...there is no hope

Veronica

Thank you Peter, JCM and Milanab.  I see what you are seeing now.  I will work on it then post it back.   :up:

Ya'll are awesome!

milanab

you are welcome.  do you need me to write the people on ebay or will the posted image give you enough info to do what you need to do?
without faith...there is no hope