• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Just curiosity.

Started by truckersau, November 19, 2007, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miz Cozma

Hi all :)

nice to meet everyone and to learn more about who I am talking to almost daily these days :)

I do some freelance graphic, web design. Also some photo retouching and computer repair. I want to do all of this full time! :)

I taught myself almost everything I know, and then tried to take school to get a cert. in Advertising Design. Sadly last year my slightly over priced school sorta screwed us around. Telling us suddenly they were closing and moving locations. It was the news paper that told us they had gone bankrupt.

After a few months another school bought them over and reopened the school, but they have not offered my program again yet for me to continue :(

So I am trying to find more work, even better a job in the industry. Til then I keep teaching myself and work as a research assistant, and trainer for b2b research. Not too exciting but pays the rent
hehe.

I have my own motto...Cats not Kids, for me alone of course hehe  I love kids! just prefer when they are someone elses LOL  My 2 kittys, Bear and Clawdia, have been with me for 14+ years :) 

I live in Canada (yes burr sometimes)  and as my profile pic I just uploaded shows, I sorta have my own style  ;D  People, when they first see me, are not always sure how to take me, and once they talk to me are usually happily surprised that I am nice and social-able and don't bite.. well not complete strangers :) 

One thing that I love about my style is the smiles I bring out on peoples faces when they see me bouncing down the street towards them, even the most blah looking person can't help to crack a smile specially when I have my daisies in my hair :)  I like having that effect on people!

so thats a bit about me :)

schen

Hi Miz, I like your look.  How boring it will be if we all look the same.  In my line of work, I do get to meet people with dyed hair, piercings and such.  After knowing a few nice people like that, I really understood that you can't judge the book by the cover.  Welcome to the mad house and thank you for the great jobs.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Hi Miz, it's great to have you on board! You have come to the right place, seeing that you are a cat person.  :up: :up: At the present time, those of us that are owned by cats outnumber the dogs. We try not to gloat too much as there is an unhappy hound by the name of The Hannah who runs with Kiska, who doesn't have much good to say about felines.

I sympathize with you and the school closing. The same thing happened to me when I enrolled in a technical college that taught graphic arts. It was a great school and we had author/designer Robin Williams and John Tollett come for a visit. They were very impressed and could not believe it when the school board decided to drop the program. I was only into the 1st year and had to transfer to a junior college, which was not a good fit.

You will love the Forum and everyone here is more than willing to help out. Plus, this group has a really great sense of humor. Good luck in your career and don't give up!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Miz Cozma,

You look just like Julie Miller (great singer/songwriter, wife of Buddy) she is a cat person too, looks after stray cats.
I hope you will stay with us for a long time, it is fun to read your postings.

:hug:

Hannie

PS oh yea, don't worry about The Hannah, I think her bark is bigger than her bite!  :)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Best watch yo' mouth, Mz Hannie!

Signed,

THE HANNAH
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

Look at Hannie's teeth, if I were Hannah, I will stay quiet.  :funny:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Miz Cozma

LOL hehe I love puppys too no worry there hannie hehe but same rule applies to pups as to kids.. wonderful as long as someone else takes them home at night  hehehe

and yes you will find me around here for a while I really enjoy being part of this gathering of creative and sweet people!

:)

glennab

Hi Miz

It was great learning about you, and I so appreciate that you're adamantly yourself and proud to be so.  I've known many creatives over the years who are so wonderfully eclectic in the way they dress, approach the world and interact with other people.  I always find that a breath of fresh air.  I'm happy to see you posting so much and look forward to more of your perky posts!

Hugs

Glenna

P.S.  I'm so glad to have another cat person aboard.  We have to really struggle to keep THE HANNAH under control.  I think I'd nickname her "Attitude Annie!"
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Susan F.

I am a real newbie here and wanted to say 'hi' to everyone as well as mention to Miz that I absolutely love her style!  When I first noticed Miz's avatar, I immediately thought of Cindy Lauper when she did the 'girls just want to have fun' video; colourful and fun!

Insofar as my background, originally from Chicago, moved to Canada when I was in my 20's, moved to Arizona when I was in my late 30's, and now that I'm in my 50's, I'm in Oklahoma.  Raised four sons too.  Professionally, my background has always been in accounting, currently, unemployed since moving to very rural Oklahoma.

Although I have loved playing around in photoshop for years (did design work for a web company as well as their accounting) my interest in photo restoration began after my Dad's death and I inherited the family albums to archive.  Many of the photos were severely damaged and I went one step beyond just archiving them, to archiving them restored.  I am addicted to photoshopping!!  I would love to do this for a living. 

OPR is a wonderful concept and I am very proud to be a member here .  :)

Mhayes

Hi Soonercitysue,

Welcome, it's great to have you as member! It's interesting to see how you came to restoring by way of the family albums. I wish I would have had the knowledge to have done that with my family's albums. I also wish that while my parents and grandparents were alive that notes would have been on the backside of the photos. I have so many photos that I haven't a clue to their identity.

In a couple of weeks I will be doing a mini-copy run for a lady in Coffeyville, KS. She lost her home, business, and all of her possions in the flood. What was the most devasting to her though was the loss of the photographs in a small suitcase that her father had intrusted to her. She had planned to scan the pictures and archive them on her computer with the hopes of also sharing them with her brothers and sisters. She did not get to them in time, because the flood did. She still doesn't have the courage to tell her father what happened. He on the other hand doesn't, I would imagine, have the heart to ask. Hopefully OPR will be able to restore a lot of these photos.

Thanks all of you for the enormous help you bring people.  :hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi SC Sue

Welcome, welcome!  It's wonderful that we still have people joining OPR.  Be sure to hang out on the forum.  You'll meet some incredible and talented people.  I'm glad you're here.

Cheers

Glenna

Margie: another Coffeyville run?  You are the best!  Here's hoping that we can restore the contents of that suitcase.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Glenna,

Thanks! One big difference this time is that the lady will be driving up to be with her grandchildren in Andover, KS for a week. I will meet her there, which is only a 20 minute drive from I am, instead of doing the two hour drive. Talk about relief!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Soonercitysue, it is great to have you here!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

That makes 2 Okies!!  Hi SoonerSue, I'm an Okie too.  Oklahoma City here!!  Welcome     ;)

Susan F.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome but most especially for just being such a wonderful group of people helping other people, especially for helping fellow restorers work through their pics.

Candy, so terrific to find another Okie here!!