• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help/Info needed

Started by Ausimax, November 15, 2007, 11:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Does anybody remember this photo?  It has writing across the top that doesn't look like a transfer to me, if you mirror the image the writing can be read.

Any suggestions about how to deal with it?

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

Send the one with it and one without.  That way the family can make the choice.  OUR opr mods....
Hugs, C

Hannie

I agree with Candy, send one with the text (maybe mirrored so you can actually read it or mirror the text) and a clean one.
A very little pick, although the boy naturally has a very blotchy skin I think there is still some Orange damage above the right eye.
Beautiful restoration Max!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

Max, just a little observation, the boys button hole is on our right (his left)in the original (but missing in your fixed version). This is the correct buttoning for a boys shirt. Therefore I think the writing could be transfer.
Just my opinion though.

Ausimax

Hi folks,

Thanks for your help, a different viewpoint is always helpful.  I had thought of sending back both versions Candy but I doubt the owners would get to decide, more a call for QC I think.

Pat saw an important clue in the button hole (what button hole? I thought I did a good job of repairing that damage  :-[ ) it is amazing what you see or don't see when you are looking at the "big picture", I usually spot the glaringly obvious just after I post.

So I will send the original version sans text, the mirrored version seems to be out of balance, the pose appears all wrong for some reason.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

cmpentecost

Hi Max,

I'd be more inclined to leave the hand writing off.  The owners still have their original photo with the handwriting on it.  We know that they wrote on the back of the photo and the ink stained thru to the photo, which I'm sure isn't what they wanted.  That's my 2 cents worth!

Christine

Dave

I agree with Christine. It also occurs when the images are stuck together. Writing on the back of one sometimes will transfer to the front of another.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Ausimax

Thanks Christine and Dave. :loveit:

Max