• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is Under the Signature?

Started by Charlene5, November 11, 2007, 08:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene5

I can read the signature - Larry Robinson - but what is underneath it?  It looks as if it may be a copyright symbol with something after it.   Do I clean up Larry and leave that illegible, leave it off, or pretend I didn't know any of it was there?  It was pretty lost in the damage :)

MJ, still waiting for fall and enjoying a cold her daughter brought home and generously shared around.
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Ausimax

It could be "Photography" or it could be anything, clean up the sig and leave the rest as is, would be my advice.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

MJ, I'm with Max.  Clean up the signature as best you can, as well as the debris around the unrecognizable type, but leave it there, illegible though it may be.  There may be significance to the owner.

Cheers,

Glenna

Feel better soon, MJ!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

This was on a cardboard frame that the photographer would send home the picture that was taken at the sitting.  It is his name and where he's from that is displayed.  I'm sorry to say that I'm not able to be of much more help than that.  I do agree with Glenna, however.  Maybe that's a confirmation for you. 

Hugs,
Candy

cmpentecost

Hi MJ,

If it's possible, leave the blur below it, but my guess, based on the age of the photo, is that the owner won't notice it gone.  Keep the Larry Robinson, and keep the blur below if you can, but.....I doubt it's key to the image.

Feel better soon!

Christine