• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinions invited.

Started by truckersau, November 10, 2007, 04:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

Hi guys, I've been working on this one for the last couple of days. Since I'm taking tomorrow off (a day with the grandkids) I thought I'd post it up for comments and opinions.
The print size is 4x4.

Original.

Where it's at now.

Thanks in advance.

Hannie

Hi Ray,

What a great resoration, looks like new!  :up:
Apart from a little tonal adjustment it looks like it's done to me.
I used levels and corrected RGB separately and turned up the contrast a bit.
Enjoy your day with the grandkids!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Really nice job Ray.  :up2:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Superb job, Ray.  Nice work on recreating the mess on the right, and I so appreciate that you don't over-restore.  It still looks like a real photo.  Enjoy the time with your grandkids.  They're such a precious gift.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

truckersau

Hannie. Thanks for your advice on the final adjustments, Since I wasn't sure it was completed enough to have them done, I hadn't done them yet ( done now though ). Thank you.
Max, Margie thanks for the comments.
Glenna. Thanks for your comment about not over doing the restoration, and it still looking like a real photo, that is one of my greatest targets ( try to keep it real ).
My day with the grandkids, mate I always enjoy any time I get to spend with them. Yes they are precious.
I get to see the youngest two ( from 11 grandkids ) in person every day as they live only 5Km's from me, and I take them to & from school every day and stay with them until their mum gets home from work.
I'm also their homework tutor, their taxi for soccer, netball, swimming and little athletics.
The most precious gift from them is, the youngest one is 9yo the other is 11yo, is to see their faces glow when they see me, it's as if they haven't seen me for ages.
The other 9 grandkids I see on the computer about 3 times a week, they live all over Australia.
Sorry, I'm rambling.
Thanks guys.

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Great job Ray. Enjoy your day with the grandkids. My Mum always says the best thing about having kids is the grandkids.  :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]