• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Opinion Needed

Started by hoodman3, November 08, 2007, 09:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

Here is my latest image. Should I correct the curve of the first few lines of text and how is the best way to do that? Any other comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Pete

Windows XP, CS3

Tess (Tassie D)

:up: Great job Pete. I'd straighten the text but I'm not sure how you do that in Photoshop. In Paintshop pro you just use the mesh warp button.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Well done, Pete, nice job.
I'd straighten the text and it'll right to go home. :up:

Hannie

Hi Pete,

Nice clean up job!
In Photoshop you can make a selection with the Rectangular Marquee tool.  Then go to Edit>Free Transform.  Toggle the Switch between Free Transform and Warp mode icon in the options bar at the top of your screen.  The rest is just a matter of trial and error.  You might have to change your selection to have a better result and you will have to clone back the color in the area that turns white when you're done.
If you have any questions I'll be glad to help.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Pete,

Here is the process I used to warp the image:

1. View->Rulers to turn on the rulers if they are not visible.
2. Drag the rulers on to the image as horizontal and vertical guides.  You may have as many guide lines as you wish.  You may move the guide lines with move tool.
3. Select the area you want to warp with rectangular marquee tool and use Edit->Free Transform with Ctrl-key or Edit->Transform->distort then drag the corners.

For this image, it appears that the first two paragraphs are distorted and starting at the third paragraph "Laurence Humphrey", the lines are reasonably straight.  I will make a selection to have the rectangle encloses the first two paragraphs.  Drag the upper right corner in distort transform (step 3 above) and lower the corner until the first line is about straight up to "PH" of HUMPHREY.  Then select the right half of the first selection and pull the upper right corner up until the end of the line is straight.

If you would like a much more precise alignment, then do it in more than two steps.

Hope this helps.

[edit to add image]

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

hoodman3

Thanks to all for the comments. I think I'll copy a selection of the text and try the free transform or distort. If it works I can paste over the curved text.
Thanks again,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3