• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need some input

Started by G3User, November 03, 2007, 08:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

You might try a new layer set to color blend and sample the skin color from surrounding areas. Build it up slowly, tho.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/88470757

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hi Athol,

It tried 8% burn on the highlights and then used the spothealing brush with the Create Texture checked and worked with short strokes from the outside in.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Hannie

Great information on CS3.  I'll bookmark it and do some reading.  Thanks so much for the reference.

Athol:

I'm not sure I can put away my mouse yet.  It's like Linus and his blanket.  Comfort!  I suspect I'll use it less and less as I get more accustomed to the Wacom.

Yes, losing my brother was about the worst thing I've ever experienced.  I was fortunate that he'd just come down to Florida from Maine and spent a month or so with us when my son was a baby, so we got to have some quality time right before we lost him.  The  horrendous thing – and to this day I don't know how my mother survived the loss – is that my dad had died a year and a half before of the same (extremely rare) brain cancer at 44.  And when my brother was in the hospital dying, his doctor, who was my mother's rock, fell down the stairs at the hospital, broke his neck, and died. We all spent many years searching for answers.

I'm glad you have a granddaughter to dote on.  I love the T-shirt that says "If I'd known how much fun grandkids were, I'd have had them first!"

We're about to do our Thanksgiving seige, when hubby and I take the week off and have all the grandkids spend it with us.  It's chaotic, wild, takes us weeks to recover, and we have the time of our lives.  My guys range from 6 to 16, and I have 7 of them.  Can't wait!

Better get.  Gotta get ready for work.  Deadline day – whoo hoo.  (I have a headache, can I please stay home?????)

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Hannie, is that you in the picture now?   :cool:

Glenna, you can stay home but the boss will tell you to take a pill and get in to the office.  Hope you get to feeling better.   :hug: <--- This will help!

Hannie

Glenna, what a heartbraking story...
Hope you feel better, the Thanksgiving siege sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Wow, 7 kids running around!  You are so brave!

Candy,  who, moi?   :halo:

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi guys

I was just kidding about the headache (a lame excuse not to deal with all that's involved in getting a publication ready for press)!  Thanks for your concern.

Actually my chiropractic treatments are alleviating my horrendous headaches, so I have days (yesterday and today, for instance) when they threaten but never pounce.  It's like being a new (old) person. She (my chiropractor) promised me that eventually they'll go away completely.  One of the things we didn't realize when I broke my back 12 years ago was that a vertebrae in my neck also got radically twisted.  We're "untwisting" it, and the results are profound!

I was thinking after my post this morning that I probably shouldn't have said anything about my brother and dad.  I didn't want to make any of you feel badly.  It's something we went through – everyone has tragedies – and while we'll never get over it completely, it's history.  I have a wonderful life, the best husband imaginable, fantastic kids, great grandkids, 12 poopy cats, and a world-wide group of the best friends possible; it's all good.  I'm old and wise enough to realize that no matter what happens to us, we determine how we react and how we conduct our lives.  That's how I define power.

'Nuff said!

Love to you all!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

G3User

Hi kiska and Hannie,

Tried both methods and settled on a combination of both. Thanks. ( I did it using the mouse  :-[)
Though having a soft face made some of the repair easier I found, even when the color was nearly correct that the different texture in the repaired areas attracted my eye.
Just did a print which showed up some blending errors in the curtain, still need to get into a routine of double checking each repaired area before moving on, it can be messy trying to redo them late in the peace.

You certainly are a hero Glenna, we need to see a group photo from that week and we will all see what we can do to repair it. Not sure we can do anything about headaches, my daughter gets migraines and they are miserable things. We have three children but only one grandchild, obviously there must be something in the water where you live.

We had our equivalent of the Kentucky Derby today, the Melbourne Cup. It is a public holiday in the state of Victoria and we went to a lunch where we placed some well considered wagers. As usual I lost. Ah well, only once a year.

And so to bed

Athol

Hannie

Hi Athol,

Oh, that race that stops a nation!  Where are the day of Phar Lap...
Sorry your horse didn't win!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]