• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check this one out,please

Started by Ausimax, November 02, 2007, 08:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

My latest, would you give it a look over and comment please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi my Aussie pal,

I looked through all the channels and couldn't determine anything about the baby, but I think grandma has considerably more neck and chin.  Right now her face looks rather pasted on rather than attached to her body. The only other thing I can suggest is giving the baby a little more dimension.

I'm glad I didn't pick this one.  I almost did and then realized that there just isn't enough information for me to feel competent to take it on.  Bless you for attacking it. 

You're a braver man than I, Mr. Upside Down!

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

I looked at this one too Max and decided no thanks. Great job so far. :up2: I'd round her chin area a bit more on this side and make this side of her mouth a little larger.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Max!

Looks like we all chickened out on this one and you are the hero!
It is amazing what you have done so far with so little information, well done.bb :up2:
I have a couple of suggestion for the left side of the picture (our left). 
If you make the white stripe on the lady's shoulder a bit longer might help to widen her shoulder.  Add a tiny bit of reflection in the water from the windows of the building in the background. A little shadow under the lady's face. 
I also gave the fence a little noise and more shadow.

Isn't that typical Max, the best coaches are always in the stands...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi folks,

Thanks for your comments and ideas, made a few changes, found the ladies top has a white collar band, and I thinks that helps, got rid of the stripe on the shoulder and I had to reduce the shadow under her face to make the neck more apparent, the lady seems to have a large head for her body size, and that tends to make her head look like one of those paper masks on a stick you carry in front of your face.

Thought about the reflections and decided against it, I think there are enough distractions in the background now, with jetties sticking out of their heads and the like.

This is what will be going home, it was never going to be accurate and pristine, but it should be an improvement on what they had.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Ausimax

This is the next victim, Chris gave th OK to crop this one. There was no info available to be able to restore her diploma or the hands holding it and it would look silly with her holding a blank sheet of paper, so I eliminated it,
QC can decide if it gets cropped.

Your thought on it and any elements I have overlooked please.

Max 

Mhayes

Max, It looks pretty good. You might want to take a brush and lighten the areas where you see a noticeable leeching of blue into white areas. On the original her right arm shows the folds of her gown and is a little lighter black. This may be a pain to change, so that will be your call. Her face looks really good.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Max,

Wonderful job!  :up2:
I have 3 little things you might want to look at.
The red stripes have hard and soft edges, maybe soften all the edges.
Right side of her robe outline could also be softer to match the left side.
Add some of the left hair strands to the right to make the hair match.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Hi Max,

Great to see an other example of the type of result to be aimed for. Congratulations

Athol

Ausimax

Hi folks,

Margie, I haven't been quite sure about the colours in the stripes, I know they should be white but I'm afraid of making them too pristine and false looking, after you look at the damaged image for hours its hard to decide what's normal and what's damage. :-[

I'm not sure about the area to the left of the star-field, is it bleed-out or shading - I don't think it is an actual flag it seems more like a backdrop, there doesn't seem to be any defined edge to the flag.

I can see what you mean about the shading of her gown, sometimes, I can only see it at certain times, at night the glare from the screen seems to destroy my vision for shading in dark colours. :huh:

Thanks for the items you raised Hannie, will have to do a bit more work on them and the hair, I lost my hair brushes when I wound the clock back, have to find them and reinstate them.

Thanks Athol!

I'm working on another photo with this girl in it and its proving to be a real doozie - will post it when I have a decent start made on it.

Max

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Hi,

Kiska, I am afraid you lost me, I'm getting old and slow and I didn't really understand the procedure. :-[

Here is the revised version.

By ausimax at 2007-11-05

Max

kiska

Max, that looks great! Don't need my procedure.  ;)

BUT, to clarify:

1 place a new empty layer above background

2 set new layer to color blend mode

3 with a brush, go to the swatches and click on 10% gray, next to white

4 on the new layer. medium opacity brush, paint over white to eliminate blue cast

5 another new layer to build up cloning to even out white
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Absolutely wonderful job, Max.  Much better without the blue tinge, and giving folds to her robe helped with the flat look.

Cheers & hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Beautiful Max, you've done an outstanding job!