• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is there a rose in the vase?

Started by Atlantis, November 02, 2007, 03:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

With the easy ones gone very fast I tried a slightly more difficult one for my second assignment at OPR.
I focused on the people and wonder if I have done enough to the background. And I also wonder if that's a rose in the vase the lady in blue is admiring.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

schen

Great clean up job  :up:

I think it is a red carnation.  But it does not matter, does it.

A small pick: the column with the no smoking sign has some patchy discoloration left.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Yep, looks like a carnation!
You did a real fine clean up job Atlantis!
Just a few patches and it's ready to go!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

:up: Great job with the restore looking really good!!
paintshop pro X1

Atlantis

Thanks for having a look. Besides the patches on the wall there are some areas I want to improve a bit more before I dare to call it finished. Like the where the white jacket meets the chin of the man on the left, recover more of the little boys nose and maybe hide the top of the ear of the lady in greenish grey under her hair. I was not sure if the blacks there were damage covering the top of her ear or her hair. Besides that area was hard because of the dark skintones of the lady in pink (who is also strangly cut in half by the photographer).

schen

Atlantis,

I don't think this will make much difference but if you would like to be meticulous as you indicated in your post, there was a handle of the divider curtain that disappeared.  It is a great job already.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

kiska

Actually, I don't think there is a flower in the vase. It appears to have been gift wrapped and it would be odd to have a flower wrapped up with it in the box.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

cmpentecost

I agree with Kiska.  I think it's damage.

Great job on the restoration Atlantis!

Christine

Atlantis

QuoteI agree with Kiska.  I think it's damage.

Maybe the vase broke during transport   ;)
But if it's damage of any kind ... OPR to the rescue. Just give me time to fix it.