• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Portrait background

Started by Patre, October 30, 2007, 09:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hannie, I have a much better idea than creating toads from your fellow volunteers.  Get your butt on a plane and come visit!  You're always welcome to come join me in my little crumbled house overrun with cats, cat hair and various other types of cat debris.  And October, November, March and April are glorious in Central Florida.

One thing I especially love is that we have flowers all year round.  Unless we have a deep freeze (seldom) I can have my potted plants outside all year.  Usually right about now I'm putting out planters full of double impatiens (they look like tiny roses), but I've been rather distracted with OPR and my yard's not the showplace it used to be.  One hazard of year-round plants and flowers, is year-round maintenance.  Lotsa work!

I'll get the futon ready for you.

Hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Beautiful pictures of the rain tree Glenna.  We have a builder here named Raintree and I never knew there is actually a kind of tree with that name.  Around here the only outdoor maintenance we need to do is shovel the snow off driveway and sidewalk.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

OK everyone, the spell is broken, no more bug eating!
Something strange happened, this morning I posted a reply here and it seems to have disappeared!  ???
Glenna you are such a darling, It would be so tempting to take up on your sweet offer!  I have to be honest and admit that the transatlantic flights have taken their toll on me over the years, I am getting too old.  I used to fly over there every year but now I haven't seen my family in 3 years and they don't like that, shame on me. 
Still, it is a lovely thought and I thank you for it!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

RosyBijou

Tree is breathtaking Glenna!  We're in full fall foliage here in New England, also beautiful but our little household has been cursed of late -- one child with pneumonia and the other child with croup.  (It's been a harried few weeks!)  Happily both are OK and on the mend, though I have a feeling that the croup is going to be problematic through the season change...  :(

I spent a half hour yesterday composing an entry on my latest image and it too mysteriously disappeared into cyberspace!
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Hi!

Kerry, I'm glad your kids are on the mend.  Awful when they get sick.  Really don't like those respiratory monsters.  They can take the stuffing out of you!  We usually get a lot of that starting in November, because we have so many visitors from all over the world, and we're not immune to some of the bugs they bring with them.  I can't tell you how many Christmas seasons I've had to do my shopping hacking and coughing from a cold, flu or bronchitis.  (Thank goodness for Amazon.com!)

There's that Mercury in retrograde syndrome again.  I swear, I'm beginning to believe there is a tie-in to computer glitches.  My computer at work is being a brat today.  She usually just purrs along, and now, at deadline, she's balking at everything I try to do.  (Do computers get PMS?)

Chen, you can have your snow!  It's beautiful, but we're accustomed to walking out the door in our shirtsleeves most of the year.  I've lived in Florida-like conditions all my adult life, and I've had some interesting, if uncomfortable experiences on snowy days when visiting my family in Maine.  The one that makes the best story (especially to Mainers) was the day I had to go get meds for my Mom, jumped in the car, got to the main road and couldn't see well -- so I turned on the windshield washers.  Needless to say, I spent some time at the side of the road, windshield covered with ice and cursing myself for being so stupid!  We're warm-weather wusses!

Hannie, the invitation stands if you ever change your mind.  Oh, and I wanted to clarify that even though I said to get your butt on the plane, I'd as soon you bring the rest of you, too!

It's nice to see you back to normal.  Those toad threats were getting scary.

Welcome to November, everyone.  Where has the year gone?????

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)