• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Fresh eyes, Please.

Started by truckersau, October 30, 2007, 08:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckersau

This is one I'm working on, and I think it's at a stage of needing some fresh eyes have a look at it for me, Thank you. The print size is 3x4.

Original.

Where it's at now.

klassylady25

The cover on the table is probably soft crushed velvet if you wanted to try to work with it.  Also the tear across the chin is still visible.  Check your B/W balance to bring out a bit more detail.  I think you're on the right trail and it is the face of this little one that the parents want to keep etched in time.  So young to have passed.  Makes me sad.

Candice

truckersau

Yes, very sad indeed. I have to keep trying to detach myself from the content of the image and see it just as an image, if you understand what I mean.

klassylady25

As time passes we think differently Ray.  I do understand. 

Humbly,
Candice

Mhayes

Ray,
What a tough picture to work on and I can understand the need to detach yourself. On the Coffeyville run, there was a man that came in with only a few pictures that consisted of his family when he was a young boy. There was one of his brother taken at a young age and then when I came to the last few photos to photo copy, the photos were of that brother at 8 years of age in his coffin. Also included were pictures of the family around the grave site with flowers. When I saw that picture, I felt like someone had hit me in the stomach. I think that it is great that you stepped up to the plate to do this.  :hug:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Ray, thank you for restoring this photo, must be hard to do...
You have done an excellent job, a little tonal adjustment and maybe put the sepia back in.  That might take away the "tin foil" appearance of the crushed velvet?  Those are just my thoughts.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

A hard one to stay detached from Ray.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

truckersau

This is the latest version.
Thanks everyone for your support.

glennab

Hi Ray

Wonderful work on a very poignant and I'm sure especially precious photo for the family.

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Very well done, Ray. A very hard subject when you consider what this photo must mean to the family.

truckersau

Vicki, Glenna. Thats why I took this photo, I know exactly what it means to the family.
Since I've been down this road twice before. A daughter 30years ago, and a grandson 15 years ago, both under the age of 2years.

glennab

Ray, I can see why this project would have so much meaning for you.  You've suffered that terrible loss as well.  Sometimes life seems so unfair, and the worst is when we outlive our kids and grandkids.  That's so bass-ackwards!  I want to yell at somebody!

Many hugs!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Each persons path is unique isn't it. 

truckersau

Yes so true, and if we keep looking down the path behind us, then we can never move forward along the path ahead of us..

Hannie

Ray, I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. 

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]