• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Days later

Started by Tess (Tassie D), October 23, 2007, 10:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

I seem to have spent days on this one, another looked easy when I viewed it.  ::) Have I missed anything, I can't tell anymore.  :D

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Wow!  Fantastic.  All the golden rain is gone.  That must have taken you a lot of effort.

Two little things: The lower right corner might look better if it darker to match the lower left corner.  And personally, I would prefer less bluish and more warmer tone.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

Tassie don't you know by now that nothing in Chris' gallery is as it seems :)?  That's why we got those little itty bitty thumbnails so the real carnage is deftly hidden until you download the hires version.  You did a splendid job cleaning up the drool.

I agree with Schen - burn in that lower right corner a bit and warm up the tone a little. 

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Ausimax

Silly girl!  They were party streamers. :funny:

Great job Tess, I agree with the Burn and Warming.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

truckersau

Hmmmm, I don't know what's worse white dots or the yellow scratches.
I'm doing some at the moment that are covered in them, I'm going cross eyed from them all.
Good cleaning though Tassie D.

Hannie

:wnw:!

Amazing job Tess! 

You are all wrong folks, can't you tell it is an Italian wedding party with spaghetti hanging down from the ceiling!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

lol thanks everyone, will warm it up a bit and darken the other corner then send it home. Party streamers and spaghetti, now I know I should have left them in.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Tassie,

Great job!!  :up:  I like the gold streamer idea. What a party that was.

If you haven't sent this home yet, check the face on the man in the back behind the woman in the black dress. When I first looked at the restored photo his face popped out at me as being somewhat "scratchy." By that I mean he may still have some gold streamer remnants on his face. It may also be the way the light is hitting his face and his facial color. Maybe when you warm it up the whites will pick up some more definition. They look they could use some more detail if it is there from the original (the cake looks washed out). If it is not there, then its good to go in my opinion.

Johnboy

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks Johnboy. I did notice that but trying to repair it more made him look weird as its only a 5x7. I warmed it up a touch but it didnt bring the cake out any better. The only shading on the original cake that I could pick up was mould spots. :(

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Great job Tess, looks good!   :up2:
(The cake is totally overexposed to start with and there is no detail in it no matter what you do unless you use the dreaded P word... )

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

The cake and table and anything white were overexposed.  Instead of trying to paint some details, maybe bring done the max white value so that they don't stand out too much.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6