• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is this damage?

Started by Hannie, October 20, 2007, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

I am not sure if the black thingy on the girl's white collar just under her chin is damage or part of her dress, any ideas?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hannie,

I think it is part of whatever that ruffled thing running from her collar down to her waist. It looks really awkward the way the one piece sticks out at that angle. I also wondered if perhaps it was like a ribbon woven into the lace of the  collar. How is that for a vague answer?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Quote from: MarCat on October 20, 2007, 03:28:59 PM
Hannie,

I think it is part of whatever that ruffled thing running from her collar down to her waist. It looks really awkward the way the one piece sticks out at that angle. I also wondered if perhaps it was like a ribbon woven into the lace of the  collar. How is that for a vague answer?

Margie

:mad:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

The ruffle thing looks like was inside of the dress.

My first reaction was a ribbon as part of the lace collar.  The texture and color matches the ruffle thing well but still looks awkward to me.  How's that for answer  :mad:

Could you crop the collar with hi-res?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Maybe this would be a good time for some of us to take a break and a short jog to relieve our frustrations.  ::) I've decided after going back and doing a levels and curves adjustment, then duplicating the layer with the top in multiply mode--it is part of the dress. If I blow it up to about 287%, it look like the ribbon (looks almost like velvet) goes through a loop and tuns under to weave through the collar to your left. The white collar really doesn't have much detail left, so that may be a problem. Have fun!  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks Margie and Chen for taking the time to look at this for me, you are the greatest!
Sounds like the thingy might be part of the dress after all... better have a closer look at it!  In the meantime I'll post the high res collar part of the photo.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

It looks like a ribbon to me. 
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

klassylady25

It is ribbon and here's a link of what it looks like.  My momma loved using this when I was a little girl.