• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

This old photo

Started by schen, October 19, 2007, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

This appears to be a very old photo.  So I decided to leave some slight imperfections.  Please let me know how you like it.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Awesome, Chen.  You've done a TRUE restoration. The imperfections aren't obvious, and the flavor of the photo remains.  I love it!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

That is great schen, very well done. :up2:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Schen,

Looks great! I really enjoy seeing these really old pictures restored.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

:up: Very nice restoration job Schen.

Hannie

Chen, the restoration came out great!  I love how it looks.  No unnecessary painting, it is truly like the original but better.  You also managed to bring out more detail. 
I tried an ever so small contrast adjustment on you photo, makes it a little more vibrant but it also loses some detail in the dark areas.

Hannie

PS After I posted my version and had a better look at it I think yours is much better!

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Hannie,

Thank you for trying.

Yours certainly has a much cleaner look while I was trying to preserve some imperfections that I thought might have been there at the first place and some light damages acquired through the years. 

Occasionally I do some restoration of old furniture.  In America, the value of antique furniture usually drops significantly when it was refinished.  Yet I love the durability of the varnish created by the modern chemistry.  I am not sure what is the prevailing attitude in the old world.  There are a lot more antiques there.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Ratz

Schen, that is just right, send it back, it's beautiful :up: