• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Let's all join hands

Started by nitehawk, October 19, 2007, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

You did a superb job of hand grafting  :up:  Micky's hairline looks great from the forehead down to the sideburns.  Can't tell where is original and where is your patch.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

You did an amazing job!  It looks just right, the hand came out just beautiful!
Mike, tell me, were you also squinting too much when you were working on the guys backside?   ::)  There are just a few tiny spots there or maybe they are part of his outfit?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Well done Mike!  You obviously put a lot of time and hard work into this, and we really appreciate all you've done.

Thanks so much.  I'd say you can go ahead and upload!

Christine

John

nitehawk

Thanks SO much for the encouragement and help everyone. 
                                Mike :)

OPRAng

First of all, nice work--and super cute picture!

I couldn't see the finished product, so I am not sure what you decided on the hand issue...but here is where I beat the dead horse...

PLEASE don't use "borrowed" body parts on restorations. Blurring, or minor cropping is just fine, but a borrowed hand is going to be just weird for the families. Everyone knows we can't do hand transplant surgeries--let's not try...

Sorry, if this is a song you have heard too many times...

Thanks for all your work!
Angela
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

klassylady25

Waaaaaaaaa I never got to see the last picture... it's X'd out here!  sniff :'(  I know you did good though!! 

schen

Angela, I understand where you are coming from.  That's why I suggested to crop it at the first place.  To borrow "the" old saying, "For all we know, the boy could be holding a pink tutu."  But in this case, since Mike did such a good job and the graft is at the bottom of the picture, I would recommend sending it to the owner.  The owner will always have the option of cropping it.

This is an easier one.  For many photos with important part of the face damaged, we often mirrored the other half if it is available.  It seemed a safe bet but unless you are working on the restoration of Denzel Washington, chances are low that anybody would have a symmetrical face.

Two rights

Two lefts
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

And the Winner is: Two Lefts.

>:D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I read somewhere that Denzel Washington has the perfect symetrical face. Goes off to find pics to play with.  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, you shouldn't have said that...

;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]