• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Let's all join hands

Started by nitehawk, October 19, 2007, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitehawk

Hi all,
   I'm almost done with this one ;D, at last, but the hands are giving me trouble.  I'm not a good enough artist to pull off recreating them and
it's got me down. :'(  any suggestions or techniques that I could try would be greatly appreciated.
                                                          I've sat on this for a long time hopping it would hatch, but only in my dreams, so far.
                                                                   mike

schen

I tried a 4x6 crop aligned with the top and the result looked nice to me. 

I would suggest a little blur over Micky's hair line.  Other than that, it is a great job  :up:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Hi Mike,

Great job, nice detail!  Hands are always so hard to restore. I would just try to clean them up as much as possible and use a little blur on them.
On the other hand (notice the lame pun) you might want to wait for the gremlins to fix it for you... ;)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi Mike,

I agree with Hannie's suggestion, of cleaning up as much as possible and a slight blur.  The focus is on the faces of the boy and Mickey, so I don't think a slight blur would distract from the photo.  Schen's idea of the blur along the hairline of Mickey is good too.

Great job Mike!

Chris

klassylady25

kiska

Here's a couple more. You'll have to do some flipping and transforming but you could get a general shape.

http://upload.pbase.com/image/87500490

http://upload.pbase.com/ob/image/87500491

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

This is from the same family. Is it the same boy only younger in the photo I repaired? If so you could probably use that hand by mirroring and a bit of manipulation.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

John

I've been playing around with a program called NeatImage that is great for eliminating noise from images... here is what it did with the default settings, might be a bit too much, but I think it's still an improvement... perhaps?  Sorry I can't help with the hand.

truckersau

Yep, I use Neat Image on my photos, it works well.

glennab

Hi guys

I like the way Neat Image works.  Is it available for Macs?  Where can it be acquired?

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

John,

That really looks nice! I Googled it and got this link: http://www.basic-digital-photography.com/neat-image-4.4-pro-review.html I was wondering whether you and truckersau use the stand alone version or as a plug in to Photoshop? Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

truckersau

MarCat, I use the PRO+ edition for Photoshop.
http://www.neatimage.com/

Hannie

Neat Image is great program.  There are some drawbacks when you use it without changing the settings. You can lose a significant amount of detail in your photo.
I have used the program once in a while but have found this detail loss too much of a problem to use it more often.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Mike,

Looks like Mickey and boy are coming along nicely. Your thread brought up a whole new discussion about Neat Image. Not wanting to lose track of how your picture is coming along; I thought maybe we could start a new post on this software. Another reason being that it would be hard to remember as to what post this discussion took place on after time goes by.

Hannie, on the new post will be a link that I think you might find interesting. Also, I will post the link to the software and Glenna it is available for both platforms.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

nitehawk

This is what I came up with on your suggestions.  Feels pritty good.  What do you think?  Anymore changes?  I did quite alot of squinting when I was working on the hands and you idea about the blur of the forhead took away alot of the jagged edges.
                                            Thanks for all the imput gang.
                                                        Mike