• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Introduction

Started by Jason DiMichele, April 28, 2013, 10:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason DiMichele

Good evening,

My name's Jay DiMichele and I've just recently been accepted into this wonderful community. I'm a fine art photographer and printer living in Milton, Ontario, Canada. My photographic subjects/styles include abstract, landscape, scenic, wildlife, etc. I print on paper and canvas on an Epson 11880 for myself and other artists.

I'm also an outdoor enthusiast who loves to adventure in the backcountry on backpacking and canoe trips.

I was aware of OPR about 10 years ago and was interested at the time. Something I came across reminded me of this great cause and I instantly applied, as now my imaging skills have improved quite a bit.

I'm very excited to be a part of this great cause and look forward to meeting and working with as many of you as possible.

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com
Fine Art Photographer and Printer

Candice

Good evening Jason.  We hope your stay here is a positive note in your book of life and look forward to seeing your restorations.

Candice :)
Candice

Hannie

Hi Jay and a warm welcome from Amsterdam.  So glad to hear you found your way back to OPR!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mike S.

Welcome from Michigan Jay,

With all your talents I am sure you will fit in well.

Mike  (Epson 7900)
Mike S.

Pat

Hi Jason and welcome from Michigan!

You've joined at a great time.  The New Jersey copy run taking place May 3 thru 5 will soon fill our galleries.  In the meantime a look around the forum will give you a feel for how things work and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

I think with your background you will fit right in here and have a great time restoring photos with us.  Looking forward to working with you.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: klassylady25 on April 28, 2013, 11:58:34 PM
Good evening Jason.  We hope your stay here is a positive note in your book of life and look forward to seeing your restorations.

Candice :)

Hi Candice,

Thank you very much!

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: Hannie on April 29, 2013, 05:01:06 AM
Hi Jay and a warm welcome from Amsterdam.  So glad to hear you found your way back to OPR!

Hannie

Hi Hannie,

I'm really glad I found my way back too. I've had a great welcoming here already and it appears that the atmosphere is very kind and helpful. I look forward to giving back. You have quite a lot of posts! Looks like you've been quite active! :)

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: Mike S. on April 29, 2013, 08:01:10 AM
Welcome from Michigan Jay,

With all your talents I am sure you will fit in well.

Mike  (Epson 7900)

Thanks Mike! Have you been printing for a while? Are you printing mostly paper or canvas? Are you printing for yourself only or others as well?

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: Pat on April 29, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
Hi Jason and welcome from Michigan!

You've joined at a great time.  The New Jersey copy run taking place May 3 thru 5 will soon fill our galleries.  In the meantime a look around the forum will give you a feel for how things work and if you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

I think with your background you will fit right in here and have a great time restoring photos with us.  Looking forward to working with you.

Pat

Thanks Pat! I look forward to getting additional restorations completed. I was wondering (and I haven't browsed the forums thoroughly enough yet) if there are certain criteria for planing a "copy shoot" to copy damaged photos. It would be interesting to possibly set something up in my area if there are appropriate situations/photos. I'm assuming there really doesn't need to be a minimum number of photos or that the disaster doesn't always have to be a huge one?

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com

Mhayes

Jason, welcome to OPR from Kansas. What an interesting background you have and around here the more the merrier. The forum is great because there are different ways to approach a problem. Plus, it's a great place to meet others. The icing on the cake is the chance to go on a copy run and see first hand how much it means to people to know their photos can be restored.

Welcome aboard!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Thank you Jason for the great questions.  My husband Mike and I did a mini copy run to Stark County, Ohio which is only a couple of hours from where we live.  The two of us copied approximately 200 flood damaged photos.  So, you are right the number of photos and size of disaster does not have to be huge.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/2011/09/stark-county-ohio-gets-mini-copy-run-2/

We do need to be sure we don't end up with such a huge backlog of damaged photos that we have families waiting longer than six to twelve months for their restored photos.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: Mhayes on April 29, 2013, 02:12:12 PM
Jason, welcome to OPR from Kansas. What an interesting background you have and around here the more the merrier. The forum is great because there are different ways to approach a problem. Plus, it's a great place to meet others. The icing on the cake is the chance to go on a copy run and see first hand how much it means to people to know their photos can be restored.

Welcome aboard!

Margie

Hi Margie,

I'm sure I will learn a lot of things form this community, especially since I am an open-minded individual who is keen to learn and improve. I would love to join a copy run in the future. Thank you for the kind welcome! :)

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: Pat on April 29, 2013, 04:21:50 PM
Thank you Jason for the great questions.  My husband Mike and I did a mini copy run to Stark County, Ohio which is only a couple of hours from where we live.  The two of us copied approximately 200 flood damaged photos.  So, you are right the number of photos and size of disaster does not have to be huge.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/2011/09/stark-county-ohio-gets-mini-copy-run-2/

We do need to be sure we don't end up with such a huge backlog of damaged photos that we have families waiting longer than six to twelve months for their restored photos.

Pat

Hi Pat,

That's fantastic! :) Is there a process to setting up a copy shoot or is it something that can just be done and then upload the photos to be restored? Aside from notifying one of the team leaders, how formal is the process?

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com

Pat

Jason you would have to get an okay from Margie Hayes, OPR President and the procedures are quite formal and involved.

Because we don't want anyone to have to wait longer than six to twelve months for their restored photos, it may be quite some time before we can accept photos from another area if we get a tremendous turnout in New Jersey.  Also because of OPR's official United States Government 501 (c) 3 charity status there would be some restrictions regarding what could be done for those outside of the United States.

Your next step would be to contact Margie directly at [email protected] to discuss exactly what you have in mind.

All the best,

Pat
Pat

Jason DiMichele

Quote from: Pat on April 29, 2013, 06:17:04 PM
Jason you would have to get an okay from Margie Hayes, OPR President and the procedures are quite formal and involved.

Because we don't want anyone to have to wait longer than six to twelve months for their restored photos, it may be quite some time before we can accept photos from another area if we get a tremendous turnout in New Jersey.  Also because of OPR's official United States Government 501 (c) 3 charity status there would be some restrictions regarding what could be done for those outside of the United States.

Your next step would be to contact Margie directly at [email protected] to discuss exactly what you have in mind.

All the best,

Pat

Morning Pat,

Thank you for all that good information. It's something that I think I may try to arrange later on but knowing all of the rules and formalities definitely helps me! It's interesting that there are the restrictions imposed on what can be done in other countries due to the charity being registered in the USA. I figured as long as there was no money involved it wouldn't matter. Learn something new every day! :)

Cheers!
Jason DiMichele
www.jasondimichele.com