• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Pets Of OPR

Started by zapphnath, March 26, 2007, 03:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

What a beautiful little creature Christine, it it always so great to see animals in their natural state and feeling safe enough to grace our yards.

Though I think that Kangaroos are so commonplace around here you tend to almost overlook them, but for the Roo deprived here is one, well two, note the extra legs, under our clothesline.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, I absolutely LOVE that face!  Looks like a mighty large baby Mama's carrying.  Quite a set of legs hanging out.  Great shot!  And I DO feel 'roo-deprived!  Trade you a 'gator for a 'roo!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

sanbie

Wow you got a great shot there Max!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

That is a great shot Max. I'd say thats one joey who won't be getting in the pouch much longer. :)
The fawn is gorgeous Christine. My daughter immediately called it Bambi and hubby said dinner.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Lol :funny: Awww poor Bambi!! Have you tried kangaroo meat Tess? They reckon it's beautiful nice and lean no fat and yummy is what I was told!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

Tess (Tassie D)

I haven't but hubby and brother in law eat quite a bit of it. I know when it's cooking there is no fat coming out like ordinary meat. I just can't bring myself to eat Skippy lol.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sanbie

Nah that doesn't worry me...My rallies were farmers and we used to have what we called pet lambs and cattle ...then one day they would be gone...and they tasted beautiful...I used to thank them for giving their lives to feed me...Everyone used to laugh at me!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

cmpentecost

I grew up on a small farm where we raised a few beef cattle.  I'd name the ones we were raising for our own table "Fred".  They were all named Fred, and I have no idea why.....so it was always "what's for dinner?  Fred!"

Christine

kiska

Quote"what's for dinner?  Fred!"

EEEEUUUUUWWWWW!!!!!!!!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

sanbie

It's weird what you get used to isn't it? I don't think anything of it...yet so many go yuk!!

Sanbie
paintshop pro X1

glennab

Okay, guys

Let's start another thread about the animal friends that we EAT, please.  How did we get from glowing descriptions of our beloved companion animals to eating "Fred??"  Jeez, Chris!  And 'roos.  Blechhhhhh!

Sanbie, I appreciate your thanking animals for giving their lives so we can have food (I wouldn't have laughed at you. I take plenty of flack for rescuing animals and being a "tree-hugger."  My nephew usually adds the F-word to that description).  Honoring animals used for food and shelter is an ancient native American tradition that I think has a lot of merit!  We shouldn't take them for granted or be indifferent.

But we've digressed!  I want to see more photos of our precious, pain-in-the-tush furry companions.  Haven't seen anything from the newbies yet.  If none of you has a companion animal, my heart goes out to you.  You're missing so much pain and agony and mess -- and love and laughter and special friendship!

As in my moose cat sleeping in his toy box!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Ok, ok...no more Fred stories!  And for the deer, even if they do eat all of my geranium blossoms, I still love them.....I think!

My two kitties are doing great, and have become best of friends now after 3 months of testing each other.

Chris

phischer

Sorry, I have no pets right now.  My wife and I do have a child coming in 8 weeks!  Yikes!  Does that count?  :D

cmpentecost

Congratulations Phischer!  You'll have to keep us posted when your new bundle of joy arrives!

Christine

Tess (Tassie D)

Congratulations phischer, hope everything goes well.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]