• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Work in progress

Started by schen, November 13, 2009, 09:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

I have not posted my work for a while.  This is a huge photo (16X20).  I am about finished with the faces.  I (bite my tongue) would like to do a vignette and be over with but I will continue on the cloth and background.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Shujen, I think you are doing great! What did you have in mind for a vignette spotlight with nothing showing but the people?  >:D Looks to me that this is like looking forward to doing a 500 piece puzzle only to find out you got the 5,000 box instead. Look at the bright side, it will keep you busy and off the streets. OK, not nice, but you are off to a great start.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Shujen, how about a vignette and a crop?  OK, not a good idea...
Faces look great, especially the lady in the front came out really well.
Only suggestion I have is a little less red and yellow saturation, that's all.

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Shujen, you have the worst of it done - the faces.  They look great.  I do agree with Ms. Hun that the colors may be a bit too saturated. The rest is total tedium, but not difficult.  (if it were me it would be clone, patch... clone, patch... clone, patch... YAWN...clone, patch... clone, patch... clone, patch...ad nauseum)

And I agree with Margie.  We have to have a way to keep you wild engineers off the streets! A 16x20!  We're safe for a while anyway.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Thanks for the feedback.  The tedium of repairing the clothing is wearing me down.  I love the vibrant colors or should I calibrate my monitor  ???
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Shujen, I can see why you like the colors, they are very vibrant and beautiful so I don't think there is anything wrong with your monitor. 
I just wondered if the skin tone may be a little too saturated so I tried in the first example to lower yellow and red equally (sat.) and in the second image I brought in the individual level sliders some.

Glenna I hope I didn't make everyone look sickly pale!  >:D

less yellow/red saturation:

levels adjustmen:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, I think your adjustment is spot on.  They look very natural to me.

Shujen, the colors are unusually vibrant.  It makes a gorgeous photo. I can tell that the rest of the clean-up is going to be tedious as all get out, but what a masterpiece you'll have when it's done. I'm looking forward to seeing the background when you've finished.  Even that has lovely colors in it. Have fun!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)