• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What did you get up to today?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), April 01, 2017, 05:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Yes it has! It's like one day nothing and the next everything is in bloom. I imagine very beautiful where you are at.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Two years ago, I said.... no more spraying the yard.  Now I have a very healthy crop of dandelions, and while the neighbors might be shaking their head the honey bees are buzzing!

Candice

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Great Candy, I'm a big thumbs up with Hannie Dandelions are one of the first sources of pollen for bees. The sad news is if your neighbors spray theirs, bad news for the bees. I also in the back yard had some healthy clover which the bees love.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Candy,

The bees will appreciate that.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

schen

Last weekend, we took a trip to Kansas City to visit a couple of museums.

Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art

The thousand-year-old wood carving statue of Avalokiteśvara at Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art

On the way back, I took pictures of some amazing cloudscapes.

Shujen Chen

philbach

phil

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

schen

Yesterday, a total solar eclipse occurred in North America. Although I lived a hundred miles from the path of totality, We still got about 94% coverage.

Shujen Chen

Hannie

Beautiful! 
I saw a total solar ecplipse in Australia.  It was an amazing experience, hearing the confusion of the birds when it got darker was so much fun to experience. My atttempts to photograph the ecplipse failed miserably due to not having the right lens. 
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Very nice Schen.  I tore apart one of my eclipse glasses and used one of the eyepieces and taped that to my iPhone to photograph the eclipse.  Although the idea was brilliant the results were bad.  I guess I will just have to wait until the next eclipse. 
phil

schen

I taped a pair of cheap glasses over the lens. The images are a little blurry but it was a fun project.

Shujen Chen

Shadow

Lovely Schen. We watched it down here in Texas. Like Hannie said, amazing experience and the birds were something.