• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Can anyone find a face?

Started by Tess (Tassie D), September 19, 2008, 06:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

This one has been in my gallery a while so I thought I'd give it a go. I've hit a wall on the woman's face though. Even the channels don't show much. I can rebuild the hairstyle I think.
Suggestions for this WIP?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Tess

I didn't have a lot of time this morning to play, but I did discover a bit of face shape in the blue channel.  And if you convert to CMYK and use calculations, combine the yellow and cyan channels and play with the blending modes.  I was able to see faint shadows, etc. in that combination.  The magenta and black are obliterated. Channel Mixer might be another function worth trying.  You may be able to get an alpha channel that'll help.  Sorry I can't go beyond that at this point, but I've got to get to work.  Good luck with this one!

Hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Ok, seeing as you all abandoned me  :-\  I managed to create a face of sorts. Not finished with it yet but I need our hair stylist. Any good with beehive updo's?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Way to go, play the guilt trip on all of us! For starters, I think the woman is wearing a helmet--OK, maybe not! I do think that she looks like she has short teased hair. What I don't get is; what is coming out on top of the child's head?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It's the little girls hair pulled up with a hairband on top of her head. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Quote from: MarCat on October 07, 2008, 08:59:37 PM
Way to go, play the guilt trip on all of us! For starters, I think the woman is wearing a helmet--OK, maybe not! I do think that she looks like she has short teased hair. What I don't get is; what is coming out on top of the child's head?

Margie

Margie you are cracking me up. That is a pony tail done pebbels flinstone style.  :funny:

Mhayes

I say it's a handle to pick her up with!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Did I hear someone calling my name and using the term "beehive updo" it sure gave me a chuckle.  As a matter of fact I was a hairdresser back in the days of that do and it was one of my specialties!  However it doesn't look like a beehive but a "bubble" I'm sure if you remember the beehive you remember the bubble.

You're doing a great job Tess on a difficult photo.  That's a hard face to reconstruct and there's not much info on that one side of her face. I'll be happy to help with the do when the time comes.........has it come yet? 

The chin is a little to pointed and the eyes are too dark and hard and the skin tone is too purple.  Those are my piks anyway. 
I"m going to take a closer look and get back to you Tess.

Margie, that isn't a child she is holding at all, it's a life size teapot with a funny little handle, the elbow on our left is really the spout.

Charlene5

Quote from: mschonher on October 08, 2008, 08:56:42 AM
Did I hear someone calling my name and using the term "beehive updo" it sure gave me a chuckle.  As a matter of fact I was a hairdresser back in the days of that do and it was one of my specialties!  However it doesn't look like a beehive but a "bubble" I'm sure if you remember the beehive you remember the bubble.

Oh Mary you and I are of an age and it gave me good laugh.  In my junior high annual from LA dated 1962 there are 9th grade girls (who were older and much more sophisticated) who had such enormous bubbles that the the poor photographer couldn't get their face and all their helmet hair in the picture.  At lunchtime they'd all be in the girls bathroom ratting and spraying for afternoon classes. 

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

mschonher

Tess, I tried working on the face of the lady and UGH, I came up with nothing.  You picked an awfully difficult project but I don't have to tell you that.  I think I was too critical of the face, in fact I know i was too critical after trying my hand at it.  Kiska might be able to do something she can work magic.  So when you're ready for hair, please let me know.

Charlene, I went to an all girls high school and I remember what it was like in there, your remark brought back lots of memories.  I think it was a contest to see who's hair could be the biggest.

Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

I'm ready for the bubble Mary.  :loveit:  :wnw: My Mum went into fits of laughter about the highest hair. She and a friend went to a strict girls school and they were always getting into trouble with the high hairdo's.  ;D

That face has been staring at me through the yellow for weeks. If it only had the yellow it would be easy but the white under it ruins it pretty much. I will move her chin up a bit and lighten the eyes.  I still have to play round with the mouth and nose. It's like a guessing game. You know theres an eye, cheek and mouth but no idea what they really look like.
I may even upload both versions, one with half a face and the guess.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

UNCLE! This is all I got. Good luck, Mary.  :wow:

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Kiska cries UNCLE? I'm doomed.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

I'm not going to be much help either, but if you take the original and look at the blue channel; I think her hair is either teased up bushy, or wind swept. I think the direction of the hair is not hanging down straight, but rather back. This is really a tough one, any chance of any other photos of this woman?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

No other ones to reference unfortunately. Looks like the only possible one of her is quite alot older.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]