• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi from a Long Islander living in Rome, Italy

Started by SDiCroce, November 12, 2012, 07:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDiCroce

Hey there, everyone!

I found out about OPR through a posting on the Occupy Sandy Relief Facebook, which I've been following and sharing obsessively since Sandy hit. I'm originally from Freeport, NY which was one of the towns hit quite badly from the storm surge (we're called "the boating and fishing capital of the east" so...). I've been living in Italy working at a museum as a graphic designer for five years now, so seeing my friends and family posting pictures of their houses under water or places I loved growing up swept away was difficult to simply watch without any agency to help.

So glad to be here and a part of this community which gives people like me the opportunity to help in a real way, albeit digitally when I can't give my physical hands to the cause ... just looking through the gallery is such inspiration!

Mike S.

A warm welcome from Michigan SDICROCE,

Nice to have you join OPR and to see you on the Forum.  Your experience should be a big help.
The Forum is the place to watch for the latest tips for help on photos.  Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes to spot something not seen during a restoration and sometimes just to get an idea of how to handle something difficult.

Mike
Mike S.

Pat

I can't imagine how difficult is to know loved ones are going through such harrowing circumstances while you're so far from them physically.  Helping to restore photos from the area will be a wonderfully tangible way to help and an extremely rewarding experience for you.

A warm welcome from Michigan!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Welcome to the forum SDiCroce and thank you for sharing your interesting post with us.  Like Pat already mentioned it must be tough to watch the destruction that Sandy caused while you are far away. 

So glad you joined us!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum

Welcome welcome
Freeport is very close to me. Loved to spend time on the Nautical Mile, eating clams at Otto's yummy!!! Lots of happy memories. I hope they recover soon.

Niksmum