• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from SPAMtown USA!

Started by Charity, May 27, 2011, 09:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charity

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to be apart of such a wonderful volunteer effort.

So a little about me. My name is Charity and I live in Austin, MN lovingly referred to SPAMtown as it is the home of the Hormel Foods Corp., and the birthplace of SPAM(tm) the luncheon meat. (we actually have a SPAM museum)  :D  It's a beautiful little town.

I work as a graphic artist for a screen printing company. My boss has his hands in everything and is also the manager of the SPAM gift shop at the Museum. So I do designs that are sold worldwide for SPAM as well.

I was married last year, and my husband and I have a blended family of 5 children!  It's a madhouse. Our oldest is graduating in a couple of days.. the youngest will start kindergarden next year. :wow:
All of these kids still amazes me honestly.

I also attend school full-time at Minnesota School of Business, Globe University. I'm really enjoying that. I just started last year and should have my bachelor's degree in a couple more. I think it will be worth it in the end, but it does add to the stress of daily living. I love my job, but I don't love it's payscale

I found OPR through the Retouch PRO website. I've been a fairly inactive member there for a number of years, just working on restorations and retouches for my own enjoyment. When I heard there was a volunteer effort I jumped right over. I wish I would have been aware earlier.

I look forward to getting to know you all.. and helping out with this amazing organization... Its awesome that I can have a ton of fun, learn a bunch of stuff and help people all at once.!

Mhayes

Hi Charity,

Welcome to OPR! Great to have you on the forum and I am amazed that you have any spare time at all with work, school, and raising 5 children. My hat is off to you!

It is funny that when I saw the title of your post; I thought you meant spamming as in spamming in unwanted emails! I think SPAM has a very interesting history and it is also fun to watch when there are contest to see who can make the best recipe using it.

We look forward to seeing more of you on the forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Charity I loved reading your post.  Congratulations on your new family and best wishes on getting your degree. 

Thank you for taking the time out of that busy schedule to join in our restoration efforts.  I think you will find us a fun and friendly group in a wonderful learning environment. The work is tremendously rewarding although a little addictive so watch that schedule!
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author